ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-05, 04:59 PM
can't remember diddly

Thanked 6,053 Times in 3,092 Posts
EYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond repute
Cool 1000 Posts

This may not really be a cause for celebration, but tomorrow is my birthday and I want to celebrate a lot of things. Like being 33, having 3 children, being finally diagnosed with my deluge of mental disorders and not being quite normal even with medication. But 1000 posts and several months here I'd like to think some of them have been meaningful posts and time well spent. I suppose I could just stay in "Last Post" and "Word Association" for about 12 hours straight and I'd have met my quota a lot sooner, not to mention all of Digitl's tests .

So what have I learned? What have you learned? For those of us with over 1000 posts is there any significance for you? Those with 2, 5, or even 12,000 posts must think I'm a very quiet person.
  • I've learned that I don't have to respond to everything.
  • I became a moderator and I watch more often than talk...you're not paranoid, I'm really out here, watching you.....
  • I still have no self-control in regards to my morning cups of coffee even though I sleep better without them, it's because I'm more fun when I'm awake that I still drink them.
  • I'm still a lazy-butt when it comes to excercise, but now that I'm older I need more motivation and keep getting less. Arthritis might be a good motivator.
  • Polls are still fun.
  • My meds really do only get me to the starting line. All that stuff I tried to do before I was on meds don't work until I go on them. But that's me and my shredded wheat. What's yours?
  • Being a basically good person doesn't change just because I make mistakes. I am still a good person because I learn from those mistakes.
Do you have any ancient wisdom to share? I see a "newbie" with 8 posts and a "member" with 25 posts and I think "I remember when that was me." And yes, I think I really do know more now than I did then. I think I have a little more confidence, a little more support and, maybe, a little more wisdom than when I started. That was my choice. Share your wisdom. I have 1000 more posts before I know what those with 2000 posts know. (Isn't this from a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon? wierd.)
Old 03-09-05, 05:08 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

minn306 has disabled reputation
Talking

That was such an amazing & wonderful post to read. Thank you for sharing such personal thoughts. I have also looked at how many posts that members have & can not help but think of where I was in my "life situation", when I had that amount of posts.
Chel, your advice that you give & concern that you show to all the members of this forum............is so greatly noticed, and appreciated. As a forum, we are so very lucky to have you here & your 1000 posts!!

Congratulations on your 1000 post mark.....................

Old 03-09-05, 05:24 PM

minn306 has disabled reputation
Talking

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM ALL OF US TO YOU

WE WISH YOU A HAPPY BIRTHDAY............SO WE CAN PARTY TOO........ HEY

This is my kids favorite song at a resturant that we take them to on their special day. I realize that reading it is just not the same as hearing me sing, but it is the wishes that count

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-05, 09:08 PM

Digitl has disabled reputation
Talking

HUmmm Hummmm......do re mi...la la la...

Ma chère Chel, c'est a ton tour de te laisser parler d'amour. Ma chère Chel c'est a ton tour de te laisser parler d'amourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Happy Birthday ....Luv ya lots

That is the song we sing here on june 24 , for St-Jean-Baptiste day. It's a love song for our province. But we also sing it on birthday. Its say something like that translated...
My dear chel, it's your turn, to let you speak about love...not the perfect translation but hopefully you get it my little fishy Vanna !!!

I've been dating since I was fifteen! I'm exhausted. Where is he?

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.
Old 03-09-05, 09:12 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,038 Times in 577 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Happy Birthday, from another silent "watcher"

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 03-09-05, 10:35 PM
can't remember diddly

EYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond repute
Well thanks guys. That's not what I was expecting but that was awfully sweet. (big smooches)

Please don't be shy...any thoughts from where you were to where you are now?
Old 03-09-05, 10:42 PM

auntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the rough
Happy Birthday EyeForGot ....Big Hugs....auntchris
Old 03-10-05, 01:38 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

whiteraven has disabled reputation
Happy birthday.
Congrats on the 1000 posts.
from a quiet one who reads lots and answers some.
Old 03-10-05, 04:03 AM

auntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the rough
congrats on the 1000...post aunt chris
Old 03-10-05, 04:05 AM

congrats on the 1000...post aunt chris
Old 03-10-05, 11:02 AM
Contributor

herekittykitty is on a distinguished road
お誕生日おめでとうございます!

♪happy bath-day tsu-you,
happy bath-day tsu-you,
happy baaaath-day, dee-ah eye-foagotto-san,
happy bath-day tsu you ♪
I'm hoping the Japanese lyrics show up. if not,please enjoy the rough phonetic version of the birthday song...
Old 03-10-05, 11:23 AM
ADDvanced Member

Stuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEFORGOT
  • My meds really do only get me to the starting line. All that stuff I tried to do before I was on meds don't work until I go on them. But that's me and my shredded wheat. What's yours?
  • Being a basically good person doesn't change just because I make mistakes. I am still a good person because I learn from those mistakes.
Happy Birthday, insightful one!
I hope it was a good day for you..
Old 03-10-05, 11:41 AM

Kimalimah has a spectacular aura aboutKimalimah has a spectacular aura about
Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday Dear Chel
Happy Birthday To Yooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuu!!!!!
:d:d:d
Old 03-12-05, 10:48 AM
can't remember diddly

Cool

that was just too cool to get birthday wishes from all around the world, including all the different lyrics. you guys are awesome. and yes, my day was really happy. thanks for making it so special.
Old 03-25-05, 04:27 PM

Digitl has disabled reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEFORGOT
But 1000 posts and several months here I'd like to think some of them have been meaningful posts and time well spent. I suppose I could just stay in "Last Post" and "Word Association" for about 12 hours straight and I'd have met my quota a lot sooner, not to mention all of Digitl's tests .

So what have I learned? What have you learned? For those of us with over 1000 posts is there any significance for you? Those with 2, 5, or even 12,000 posts must think I'm a very quiet person.
  • I've learned that I don't have to respond to everything.
  • I became a moderator and I watch more often than talk...you're not paranoid, I'm really out here, watching you.....
  • I still have no self-control in regards to my morning cups of coffee even though I sleep better without them, it's because I'm more fun when I'm awake that I still drink them.
  • I'm still a lazy-butt when it comes to excercise, but now that I'm older I need more motivation and keep getting less. Arthritis might be a good motivator.
  • Polls are still fun.
Do you have any ancient wisdom to share? I see a "newbie" with 8 posts and a "member" with 25 posts and I think "I remember when that was me." And yes, I think I really do know more now than I did then. I think I have a little more confidence, a little more support and, maybe, a little more wisdom than when I started. That was my choice. Share your wisdom. I have 1000 more posts before I know what those with 2000 posts know. (Isn't this from a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon? wierd.)
If you had done all my tests, you would have more then a 1000 posts LOL...joking.
A lot of my 2000 and over posts, are from the chit chat section, i love doing little fun tests and stay in touch with members in a fun and easy way everyday.
I came in and posted a lot, and felt i had to answer everything, i dont feel i have to respond to everything now, like you Chel. And i also realize sometimes i am not a in mood to answer a certain post, i know now i can go back a day or 2 later, and i will be more able to actually say what i mean, and mean what i say .
Everytime i posted for help within a few hours, i had found the help i needed, and that is awesome i think that a complete stranger will take the time to answer me , and help me .
I have find in the forums, a place where there is a tremendous bunch of informations, about everything.

The forums i could compare to a little village where you have all the stores available, and everyone gets to know each other little by little. ANd you get the chance to meet people from all over the world with their backgrounds, there beliefs,there stories and we all get along really good. We have more then 5000 members, so i think all in all the forums are kept clean and interesting for every member to come and feel safe, and i would like to beleive that we all get some help on a personal bases, with all the encouragement we give to each other , it's a thing we dont always see everyday, that kind of camaderie, between humans.

The forums, only brought me great joys, and for me, that is a must in my life...
Thank you to the founders that made it possible for me to come here, and the people that volunteer their time everyday to keep this place , interesting, and fun to come to everyday.

I've been dating since I was fifteen! I'm exhausted. Where is he?

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.