ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-13, 11:58 PM

Zombiechow is on a distinguished road
Hello, and thanks!

Hi there!

I just wanted to say a quick hello and thank you

A bit about me: I'm a 32 year old and I've suffered (apparently) from ADHD most of my life. I also like fancy cats and unicorns

I was diagnosed with ADHD sometime back in 2010, and it seemed to answer a lot of long standing questions about difficulties I had with my mental well being. I won't go into the details here, but needless to say, the symptoms of my ADHD were severely hindering my life and severely hindered my ability to move forward.

Fast forward three months, I lost my job, insurance, and the comfortable lifestyle I'd worked so hard to achieve, and the insurance wasn't something I was able to regain until just a few days ago. With little medical history and no PCP (I've recently moved to a new state), I had no idea about how to talk to a new doctor about my symptoms out of fear he'd not prescribe me medication based on a lack of relationship.

With the advice I received quietly reading the forums here, I walked into a new a patient appointment today with confidence and walked out with a new prescription for Adderal XR.

It was extremely effective for me during the few short months I took it prior, and I look forward to resuming the treatment. In fact, I'm thrilled.

So that was a bit longer than a quick hello, but yeah!

Thanks!