ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Other Co-Existing Conditions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-13, 10:09 PM

Raven Poe is on a distinguished road
Premenstrual dysphoric disorder

So 10 days before my monthly menstrual all my weaknesses are exacerbated. I become my worst self. I noticed when I was on Depakote and Risperidone not sure which drug it was but my pmdd had subsided much. Any ladies out there who can relate at all?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raven Poe For This Useful Post:
Abi (12-30-13), janiew (12-30-13)
Old 12-30-13, 10:59 PM
Social Committee Moderator

Thanked 14,138 Times in 7,081 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Premenstrual dysphoric disorder

I am male, but here's some insight... both are good drugs for manic behaviour. I have Bipolar 2 with dysphoric/irritable/raging hypomania and have been on both drugs, Depakote alone and Depakote+Risperidone. I had to quit the latter due to intolerable side effects.

Oddly, my sister, who has no psych dx's and is usually very sweet, becomes very much like me when I am hypomanic from perhaps 3 to 4 days before her period to about 3 to 4 days in. (I'm guessing, I don't really FOLLOW these things).

So yes, I can definitely see Dep and/or Rispi helping with that.

[S]pain may have possession of the ball, but we [D]utchies have possession of illegal substances - Sarek

I can't tell [Willem Dafoe] from David Archuleta - Sarek

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abi For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (12-30-13), Raven Poe (12-30-13)
Old 12-30-13, 11:18 PM
Interested Moderator

Thanked 7,836 Times in 4,270 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abi View Post
I am male, but here's some insight... both are good drugs for manic behaviour. I have Bipolar 2 with dysphoric/irritable/raging hypomania and have been on both drugs, Depakote alone and Depakote+Risperidone. I had to quit the latter due to intolerable side effects.

Oddly, my sister, who has no psych dx's and is usually very sweet, becomes very much like me when I am hypomanic from perhaps 3 to 4 days before her period to about 3 to 4 days in. (I'm guessing, I don't really FOLLOW these things).

So yes, I can definitely see Dep and/or Rispi helping with that.
I can't help but laugh when I see Abi, female avatar, comment on a thread like this.

Oh, and yeah what Abi said...
I need to refresh my memory about how incredibly healthy it is to not give my energy to people who continually, and often times aggressively, try to discredit the key things in my life that are extremely healing and effective for me. -Unmanagable
The Following User Says Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
Abi (12-30-13)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-13, 11:20 PM
Social Committee Moderator

Thanked 14,138 Times in 7,081 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah just noting the female avatar is for a forum role playing game, I am 100% man.

[S]pain may have possession of the ball, but we [D]utchies have possession of illegal substances - Sarek

I can't tell [Willem Dafoe] from David Archuleta - Sarek

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Abi For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (12-30-13)
Old 12-30-13, 11:52 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,835 Times in 5,987 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abi View Post
Yeah just noting the female avatar is for a forum role playing game, I am 100% man.
Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (12-30-13), Diony (12-31-13), Tulip7171 (12-31-13)
Old 12-30-13, 11:59 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,008 Times in 631 Posts
janiew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud of

I am female and have experienced ADHD for almost 48 years and periods for almost 35 years.

Yes, ADHD and related symptoms can definitely be worse during PMS.

If it's really bad, there are options - like working out really hard and the "normal" self care options - or taking prescription drugs - or both.

When I'm hurting, I take a lot of hot baths and plug in the heating pad. Heat is very helpful for cramps.

Hope you feel better soon ---
Diony (12-31-13), Raven Poe (12-31-13)
Old 12-31-13, 03:40 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Diony is a jewel in the roughDiony is a jewel in the roughDiony is a jewel in the rough

Are you saying cramps can be abnormally painful due to adhd? How would that work if they are already painful without meds?
Quote:
Originally Posted by janiew View Post
I am female and have experienced ADHD for almost 48 years and periods for almost 35 years.

Yes, ADHD and related symptoms can definitely be worse during PMS.

If it's really bad, there are options - like working out really hard and the "normal" self care options - or taking prescription drugs - or both.

When I'm hurting, I take a lot of hot baths and plug in the heating pad. Heat is very helpful for cramps.

Hope you feel better soon ---
Old 12-31-13, 10:36 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,008 Times in 631 Posts
janiew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud of

No, but it might read that way.
Old 01-01-14, 01:46 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Diony is a jewel in the roughDiony is a jewel in the roughDiony is a jewel in the rough

That would of explained alot lol
Ive had prescribed ib profen since high school cause i couldnt deal with the pain,still cant when its that time of the month!
Old 01-01-14, 03:44 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Twiggy is a name known to allTwiggy is a name known to allTwiggy is a name known to allTwiggy is a name known to allTwiggy is a name known to allTwiggy is a name known to all

I get very agitated and annoyed when I PMS. I become the worst person ever to everyone.

Rx= Ritalin 2.5mg, 2-4 times daily. 8/5/14 first day.

Past Rx= Vyvanse 30mg (6/13/14), Adderall 15mg 1/7/14, Medical Marijuana, Smokeless Tobacco, Adderall IR 25mg 4/23/13, Dexedrine IR 20mg, Ritalin IR 60mg.
The Following User Says Thank You to Twiggy For This Useful Post:
Raven Poe (01-04-14)
Old 01-01-14, 09:14 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

((((Twiggy)))))
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
I get very agitated and annoyed when I PMS. I become the worst person ever to everyone.