ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-14, 10:28 AM
ADDvanced Member

agirlandherdogs will become famous soon enough
Abbreviations ... is there a list somewhere?

granted, I've had medical issues that I've lost a lot of my memory. I should know this stuff ... I hate it when I don't know something ...

NT
ADHD-C

etc etc ...

not everyone that reads the posts knows what they mean or frequents the boards enough to figure it out ...

can a list be made if there isn't one?
The Following User Says Thank You to agirlandherdogs For This Useful Post:
doiadhd (02-21-14)
Old 02-03-14, 10:31 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,896 Times in 7,981 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Abbreviations ... is there a list somewhere?

Ther. Is one somewhere around here.

NT- Neurotypical

ADHD-c. Combined Type ADHD, a person with all three symptoms of adhd impairing them.
The Following User Says Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
agirlandherdogs (02-03-14)
Old 02-03-14, 10:40 AM
ADDvanced Member

Zephyranthes is just really niceZephyranthes is just really niceZephyranthes is just really niceZephyranthes is just really nice

http://www.addforums.com/forums/anno....php?f=13&a=92
There you are, my friend.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zephyranthes For This Useful Post:
agirlandherdogs (02-03-14), namazu (02-03-14), psychopathetic (02-03-14)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-14, 10:41 AM
Contributor

execfunc is a glorious beacon of lightexecfunc is a glorious beacon of lightexecfunc is a glorious beacon of lightexecfunc is a glorious beacon of lightexecfunc is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by agirlandherdogs View Post
can a list be made if there isn't one?
I hereby appoint you, agirlandherdogs, in my unofficial and unelected position of Chief Appointer of Appointees, to undertake the research to compile such a list and after which, to do so forthwith. This bold and vital enterprise will be funded by the (nonexistent) ADD Forums R&D Fund, and the esteemed and capable Professor ginniebean shall serve in the capacity of your research assistant and advisor.

If there are no further questions, I will be leaving work for the day to go play golf with unnamed members of Congress. Godspeed! :-D
agirlandherdogs (02-03-14), Dopes1 (02-03-14), namazu (02-03-14)
Old 02-03-14, 10:59 AM
Contributor

Dopes1 has much to be proud ofDopes1 has much to be proud ofDopes1 has much to be proud ofDopes1 has much to be proud ofDopes1 has much to be proud ofDopes1 has much to be proud ofDopes1 has much to be proud ofDopes1 has much to be proud of

But she ALWAYS gets to be Chief Appointer of Appointees!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dopes1 For This Useful Post:
execfunc (02-03-14)
Old 02-03-14, 08:32 PM
Contributor

execfunc is a glorious beacon of lightexecfunc is a glorious beacon of lightexecfunc is a glorious beacon of lightexecfunc is a glorious beacon of lightexecfunc is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopes1 View Post
But she ALWAYS gets to be Chief Appointer of Appointees!
haha I hope you're referring to agirlandherdogs, since I'm a guy. :-P
Old 02-03-14, 08:43 PM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,155 Times in 8,927 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a direct link to the list:
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11111

It is not exhaustive, but it sure is long!

Here are a few, for starters:

NT = "neurotypical" (i.e., without neuro/psych disorders -- originally used by some members of the autistic spectrum community to mean "not autistic").

ADHD-PI = ADHD, with predominantly inattentive symptoms (and not enough impairing hyperactive-impulsive symptoms to "qualify" for combined type).

ADHD-PHI = ADHD, with predominantly hyperactive-impulsive symptoms (and not enough impairing inattentive symptoms to "qualify" for combined type -- most common in children who eventually "grow into" the combined type).

ADHD-C = ADHD, with significant presence of both inattentive and hyperactive-impulsive symptoms that are impairing.

SCT = "sluggish cognitive tempo", a term coined by researchers/clinicians interested in individuals who a) may fit criteria for ADHD-PI but lack hyperactive-impulsive symptoms entirely, and/or b) people who (regardless of the presence of hyperactive-impulsive symptoms) experience "fogginess", confusion, slow processing speed, drowsiness, and other (varying, depending whom you ask) symptoms.
The Following User Says Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (02-04-14)