ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Visual Arts, Photography and Artwork
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Visual Arts, Photography and Artwork A place for ADD Forum members to showcase their creative photography and/or any 2-D and 3-D art in other mediums.

Old 07-10-14, 07:29 PM

Jayson is a jewel in the roughJayson is a jewel in the roughJayson is a jewel in the rough
some of my photography

As everyone here knows, we get a pretty bad rap in the world for our lack of attention to mundane matters, and our tendancy to hyperfocus on the things we love. Im pretty newly diagnosed, less than a month, and looking back I can see now how I have been making my life and the lives of the people who depend on me difficult. I have to admit though that the product of my obsessions have at least left me with some really treasured things and some extremely useful knowlage.

Not all of ADHD is bad, without. It I dont believe I would have been able to aquire the skills needed to produce my photographs which help me cope with the world around me.

These are a few of my favorites, thank you addforums for giving us a place to post such things

This is my favorite subject, my daughter Mia.

Since we with add never seem to sleep at night, I do a bit of astrophotography.

This is the great orion nebula.

Because ADDers are typically thrill seakers, why not a little underwater photography?

ADDers cant sit still and suffer from uncontrolable wanderlust. Traveling isnt just for fun, its our whole life.

At the end of the day I wonder how much of me is me, and how much of me is the ADD... some days though, I look back at my accomplishments and wonder if it really matters.

Im not a professional photographer, I dont sell my services or sell my images. Photography is just my escape.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jayson For This Useful Post:
Addesso (07-11-14), Unmanagable (07-13-14)
Old 07-11-14, 08:57 PM

foofooboopeep is on a distinguished road
Re: some of my photography

Your girl is so adorable, and I love the rest of your shots. I can relate with you on so many levels right now. The past 5 years I have been off my medication and have found photography to be a great escape. Now that I am about to begin taking meds again, I am questioning how much was me and how much was the ADD.

Thank you for sharing!
Old 07-13-14, 06:28 PM

Jayson is a jewel in the roughJayson is a jewel in the roughJayson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by foofooboopeep View Post
Your girl is so adorable, and I love the rest of your shots. I can relate with you on so many levels right now. The past 5 years I have been off my medication and have found photography to be a great escape. Now that I am about to begin taking meds again, I am questioning how much was me and how much was the ADD.

Thank you for sharing!
Thank you im quite proud of my phorography and my daughter do you have your work online? Im always interested In what other people see, and how they interpret it.

You say that you are about to start your medication again, I hope that you, like me, see a big improvement in your creative seeing. Ever since I started taking medication ive found that I am no longer in such a hurry so I can stop and actually shoot thos things that catch my eye insread of simply seeing it and thinking that I SHOULD stop lol. I find myself much more able to talk to strangers (street shooting is actually possible woohoo!) Im much more sociable too and its making a big difference not only in my photographic work, but in my life as well.

As far as what part of me is add and what is the real me.. I like to think that all the good things are me and all the bad things are the add lol... even though most of the good things wouldnt be possible without the bad things

Lately ive had those in my family that know about it ask me why I would bother taking the meds, or even pursuing this diagnosis, and ive had to ask myself honestly the same question... I have a pretty good life, a life that I know wouldnt have been possible withought the ADHD and im pretty happy. My wife though... her life is pretty tough because of it. So I have to say I persue this all for her, not so much for me. Im perfectly happy being a lazy, irrisponsible introverted and antisocial person that persues the things he loves with a single minded and unwavering determination. Unfortunately the people that are stuck with me get whiny, so I will do what I can I think there is balance in all things though, so once I have all this crap figured out I'll go back to the old me and pop a pill whenever I have to dumb myself down to societies level for a while

Good luck on getting back on the meds, but dont forget how happy hyperfocus can make you
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-14, 10:38 PM

Here are a few pictures for you truck lovers out there.

thank you for looking
The Following User Says Thank You to Jayson For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (07-20-14)