ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Strattera
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Strattera (Atomoxetine HCI)

Old 07-28-14, 06:43 AM

matthewduke is on a distinguished road
Unhappy SIDE EFFECTS: Help for someone new to medication

Hi guys,

So after a lengthy battle, my psychiatrist has diagnosed me with ADD-PI and has prescribed Strattera.

I've been taking it for exactly a week now, and I have seen an improvement in my concentration and focus, but have been hit by a lot of side effects.

I believe, from reading other threads, that these will subside after 4-8 weeks, but i'd like to see what you guys think.

I'm a 22 year old male by the way.

1: The dreaded ED (Erectile disfunction) - Along with a lack of a sex drive, my penis seems to have shrunk, doesn't get erect and have experienced premature ejaculation.

2: Insomnia - Usually my head hits the pillow and I'm out like a light, and I wont wake up until my alarm goes off. Now however, I struggle to fall asleep and when I do my mind remains active and wakes me up every half an hour or so.

3: Dry mouth - Always have cotton mouth.

4: Sweating a lot

5: Brief moments of great restlessness.

That's about it - Some upsetting effects yet I remain optimistic, but i'd love to hear some thoughts.

Mattie
Old 07-29-14, 05:16 AM

matthewduke is on a distinguished road
Re: SIDE EFFECTS: Help for someone new to medication

Almost forgot to add, loss of appetite and weight loss (probably from lack of eating)
Old 08-05-14, 03:55 AM

kreemer is on a distinguished road
Re: SIDE EFFECTS: Help for someone new to medication

My goodness, I've just finished my month on Strattera and couldn't wait to get off. The dry mouth and nuasea were just unbearable for me!
The Following User Says Thank You to kreemer For This Useful Post:
Jamesmoriarty (08-24-16)
Sponsored Links