ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Sleeping
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-14, 05:24 AM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,904 Times in 9,304 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute
Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder - ADHD Improvements

Hello all,
Just wanted to share something kinda cool.

So, after researching online, now I'm not officially diagnosed but it's clear to me that I have a severe case of delayed sleep phase disorder.

For the last few weeks, I decided to stop fighting against my own internal body clock, and simply go with it.

Wow.

I'm calmer (less anxious - that's also cuz I started taking my klonis properly instead of being silly OCD and only taking 1/4-1/2 a pill at a time ), mood is improved, ADHD symptoms are slightly improved.

When I was forcing myself to be awake at what people call "normal" hours, I was groggy, way more unfocused, and my ADHD symptoms were very severe.

Now - don't get me wrong I still have severe ADHD - but I'm not fighting against tiredness anymore cuz I'm going with the flow of my internal body clock and it's reallllllly helping me.

Perhaps once I get a job I'll work night shifts, people need those workers anyway.

I feel more calm, focused, and WAY more alert (that's the biggest thing - alertness/not groggy) when I follow my natural sleep rhythm - it's just different than yours.
Old 10-01-14, 06:14 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,909 Times in 13,070 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder - ADHD Improvements

Bella, that is GREAT news!!!!
It really does help and I consider myself really fortunate to have an internal clock timed with the kind of job I have.

It's funny, I have been annoyed for years with "not being able to sleep in" on weekends (because that's what people do apparently..) and I've learned just to get up and do things on Sunday mornings, I'm way happier. And I have better afternoon naps because I'm exhausted by 3 PM
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (10-01-14)