ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Women with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Women with ADD/ADHD This forum is for women to discuss issues related to being a woman with AD/HD.

Old 02-05-15, 06:13 PM

LBrom8 is on a distinguished road
Assessment but clean report card

Hey guys about to go for an assessment next week-long time I have thought I had inattentive add it was only when somebody said it recently to get it checked out that I decided to do just that. In preparation for this assessment I brgan to take out old report cards and school letters etc.. Apart from the odd comment 'needs to work consistently.....needs to improve' ; report cards are basically very good As/Bs/Cs... Since the assessment is quite expensive I am wondering if I should even go as the actual evidence looks like it proves otherwise... Even my parents dont think so as school never mentioned anything the whole way up...
The Following User Says Thank You to LBrom8 For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-21-15)
Old 02-20-15, 02:04 PM

zilphy is a jewel in the roughzilphy is a jewel in the roughzilphy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Assessment but clean report card

You should go. There are other factors they can test for. They won't exclusively look at your childhood history. People diagnosed as adults may not have a document trail or eye witness testimony.
namazu (02-21-15)
Old 02-21-15, 06:07 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,303 Times in 13,282 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Assessment but clean report card

It depends on whether or not you had symptoms as a child besides academic stuff. If you only notice symptoms now then its probably not adhd.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-21-15)
Sponsored Links