ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 08-12-15, 07:03 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,753 Times in 7,350 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Senior care center employment update...

So for the last 2 months I've been putting a lot of effort into gaining employment at a senior care center across the street from me.
It from the outsides seems like such a perfect job for me. It's only 2 days a week, my boss is very nice, it's directly across the street from my apartment, it involves setting up and running all the activities for the residents (such fun!) and it's just about the best place to let my loving goofy side out.

But it's been a bumpy ride.
I REALLY fumbled up in my interview and thought I'd blown it. But things worked out and I was told I had the job! They just needed to do a background check on me first.
/sigh...and here I've been stuck waiting. 6 weeks it's been.
My boss called and left a message yesterday letting me know that it still hasn't come back...that he's VERY sorry and feels terrible for me but that he's in desperate need of help right now and is going to have to relist the job.

So I went to the court house today...the lady kept trying to brush me off but I was very determined (though very polite) to know what the hold up was. So after about 10 minutes of running in circles with her, she finally got up and found a big pile of papers.
She got the request for the background check on July 1st. And she sent it back on the same day...she had all the paperwork and everything to prove it had been sent back that day.

So I went in to talk to my boss. He's baffled and very frustrated by this whole situation. I feel so badly for him. He's such a nice guy...he reminds me of me when I get older.
He went to his supervisor and lit a fire under her butt...she made a bunch of phone calls to the court house and the 3rd. party people they use to do the background checks...and she was awesome. She was stern with them and wasn't at all willing to take any BS from anyone! I'd hate to be enemies with her, but she's freaking awesome to have on my side.

The 3rd party background check people will be calling her back tomorrow and if they still don't have answers on wtf is taking so long, she'll be talking to thier supervisor. I'm pretty confident she'll get this worked out. Some fires just needed to be lit under some people's asses to get things moving.

I'm hired. My boss seems really excited to get me in...he really likes me...it's just this damn check holding us back.

At any rate...I'm pretty damn confident that I've still got this job. If for no other reason it's because I've been so persistant and unwilling to give up on them.

I really hope to be back to jump and shout with excitement that I've got the job here in the next couple of days!

This has been a bit of an exhausting experience...and yet I'm still completely ready to jump up and go at a moments notice. I'm so ready for this!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Andi (08-13-15), BellaVita (08-13-15), daveddd (08-12-15), Fuzzy12 (08-12-15), Joker_Girl (08-13-15), Little Missy (08-12-15), Lunacie (08-12-15), namazu (08-12-15), stef (08-12-15), Unmanagable (08-12-15)
Old 08-12-15, 08:54 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 29,891 Times in 13,802 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Senior care center employment update...

(I guess uts not that simple but im curious: Can't they just say if you passed the check or not?)

Psycho..great job at the court house!!! Can't wait to hear what they'll say tomorrow.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (08-12-15), stef (08-12-15)
Old 08-12-15, 09:32 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

/hearts his Fuzzy Wuzzy bear lol

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (08-13-15)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-15, 11:45 PM

Thanked 11,251 Times in 5,495 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
So for the last 2 months I've been putting a lot of effort into gaining employment at a senior care center across the street from me.
It from the outsides seems like such a perfect job for me. It's only 2 days a week, my boss is very nice, it's directly across the street from my apartment, it involves setting up and running all the activities for the residents (such fun!) and it's just about the best place to let my loving goofy side out.

But it's been a bumpy ride.
I REALLY fumbled up in my interview and thought I'd blown it. But things worked out and I was told I had the job! They just needed to do a background check on me first.
/sigh...and here I've been stuck waiting. 6 weeks it's been.
My boss called and left a message yesterday letting me know that it still hasn't come back...that he's VERY sorry and feels terrible for me but that he's in desperate need of help right now and is going to have to relist the job.

So I went to the court house today...the lady kept trying to brush me off but I was very determined (though very polite) to know what the hold up was. So after about 10 minutes of running in circles with her, she finally got up and found a big pile of papers.
She got the request for the background check on July 1st. And she sent it back on the same day...she had all the paperwork and everything to prove it had been sent back that day.

So I went in to talk to my boss. He's baffled and very frustrated by this whole situation. I feel so badly for him. He's such a nice guy...he reminds me of me when I get older.
He went to his supervisor and lit a fire under her butt...she made a bunch of phone calls to the court house and the 3rd. party people they use to do the background checks...and she was awesome. She was stern with them and wasn't at all willing to take any BS from anyone! I'd hate to be enemies with her, but she's freaking awesome to have on my side.

The 3rd party background check people will be calling her back tomorrow and if they still don't have answers on wtf is taking so long, she'll be talking to thier supervisor. I'm pretty confident she'll get this worked out. Some fires just needed to be lit under some people's asses to get things moving.

I'm hired. My boss seems really excited to get me in...he really likes me...it's just this damn check holding us back.

At any rate...I'm pretty damn confident that I've still got this job. If for no other reason it's because I've been so persistant and unwilling to give up on them.

I really hope to be back to jump and shout with excitement that I've got the job here in the next couple of days!

This has been a bit of an exhausting experience...and yet I'm still completely ready to jump up and go at a moments notice. I'm so ready for this!
good perspective , i believe it

i hope i didn't offend you the other day when i said i got a bad vibe about this

its just I've been hired by a lot of jobs and been a hiring manager

i would just hate to see you get the run around and not the facts

good to see an explanation!
psychopathetic (08-13-15)
Old 08-13-15, 02:39 AM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,904 Times in 9,304 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

You're so determined, great job psycho!

((((((((((PSYCHO)))))))))))
The Following User Says Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-15, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveddd View Post
i hope i didn't offend you the other day when i said i got a bad vibe about this
Oh no! Not at all man I felt as if you were just trying to look out for me.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Fuzzy12 (08-13-15)
Old 08-13-15, 08:31 AM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Psycho..any news??
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-15, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Psycho..any news??
Not yet. Only 6:30 in the morning here...hehe my boss and his supervisor probably haven't even had their cups of coffee yet!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Fuzzy12 (08-13-15)
Old 08-13-15, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Psycho..any news??

They got the background check today...and I go in at 1:30 (3 hours from now) to sign some papers and to make things official .

I'm glad I didn't give up on them and that I pushed them yesterday...but I'm also glad and VERY grateful to them for them not giving up on me either! I feel very fortunate to have been accepted for this position. There's SO many reasons he could've said no to me...heck I even have a violent crime on my record (which I've been up front and honest about from the start with them. It was 9 years ago though, and it was for getting into a fight with my sister's abusive boy friend...I'm not trying to justify things (maybe I am?)...but at the same time I've NEVER felt like a 'criminal' for doing what I did).
But he said yes!

What an amazing experience this has all been for me. I've had a ton of personal growth through this experience, and I'm walking away with how I've handled everything quite proud.

And I can't thank you guys enough for yet again being here. Letting me vent, letting me celebrate...just being here to support me and to leave me some very kind comments.
I love this place .

(((((((All)))))))

Oh I can't wait to start posting about my misadventures at MY senior care center!

Thank you guys! <3

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Andi (08-13-15), anonymouslyadd (08-13-15), BellaVita (08-13-15), Fuzzy12 (08-13-15), Joker_Girl (08-13-15), Little Missy (08-13-15), Lunacie (08-13-15), Smokey405 (08-14-15), Unmanagable (08-13-15)
Old 08-13-15, 12:42 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,791 Times in 8,902 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

Oh happy day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs and celebrations may commence!!!!

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following User Says Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-15, 12:42 PM

Psycho...I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-15, 01:06 PM
Forummarm

Thanked 8,037 Times in 2,496 Posts
Andi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome news. Congrats

Everything I write is fully substantiated by my personal opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-15, 02:34 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,967 Times in 9,011 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on good news.

The little green walking dude in my avatar did a fist pump earlier - sorry you didn't get to see it.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following User Says Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-15, 10:55 PM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,904 Times in 9,304 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations psycho!!!!!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (08-14-15)