ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-15, 07:52 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

mildadhd has disabled reputation
How does a thread become a sticky thread?

P
Old 08-24-15, 09:47 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,952 Times in 9,009 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How does a thread become a sticky thread?

I don't have any hand in running this place, but here's my impression:

An administrator or moderator finds out about the thread, reviews its content, and makes a decision that that content is important enough that every visitor should be shown that thread specifically rather than needing to look for it. It isn't just about high quality, though of course that's part of it - it's also about a thread's more-or-less universal relevance. In general, threads that are primarily questioning or mostly about scientifically controversial material would not become sticky, because those would be more suited to ongoing discussion than to presentation as a sticky thread.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
Old 08-24-15, 10:07 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

mildadhd has disabled reputation

Interesting thanks.

I wonder why there isn't very many sticky's in the science section at all?

P
Old 08-25-15, 12:45 AM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,952 Times in 9,009 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peripheral View Post
Interesting thanks.

I wonder why there isn't very many sticky's in the science section at all?
I hope someone knows; I don't.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
Old 09-03-15, 01:18 AM

Thanked 30,898 Times in 13,868 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peripheral View Post

P
generally speaking, you send a request to the section moderators and they decide whether a thread will be a sticky.

i can't speak for how that works in the science section, but in treatments, threads that are stickied either have posting information or guidelines reminders, are prescribing sheets for medications, or have been very popular and generated considerable interest from multiple members who want to continue to readily access the thread (examples of the latter are "experiences with ___ medication" or the memantine thread).

i suggest you contact those in science to see what the process would be.

hope that helps xx