ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > Children's Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Children's Diagnosis & Treatment This forums is for parents to discuss issues related to diagnosis and treament of children with AD/HD

Old 09-24-15, 09:02 AM

shane_udhf is a jewel in the roughshane_udhf is a jewel in the roughshane_udhf is a jewel in the rough
Interesting article for parents searching for answers

Balancing Biochemistry: An Interview with Stephanie Cave

I recommend this article to parents who are looking to try and find alternative means of treatment for adhd. This form of treatment has dramatically changed my son's everyday life for the better. No more side effects.....no more mood swings....he is happy for once.

Last edited by namazu; 09-26-15 at 11:38 PM.. Reason: replaced link to site with forums (prohibited by ADDF guidelines) with print-friendly version
Old 09-24-15, 10:15 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,987 Times in 12,126 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Interesting article for parents searching for answers

Sheesh, more scare-mongering about vaccines.
Vaccines save lives. Check out death rates from measles and polio and other
diseases and compare the rates from 50 years ago to the rates just 10 years
ago.

She asks "What is a safe level of poison?" as if there is NO safe level.
But that's not true. Many poisonous plants are medically beneficial when given
in the correct dose ... such as foxglove, which gives us digitalis which is used
to prevent heart attacks and minimize damage from heart attacks.

As far as gluten and casein, we tried the gluten-free diet with my autistic
granddaughter and saw no benefit whatever. It's over-hyped in my opinion.

That's as far as I got. I just couldn't stomach any more of her tripe.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Abi (09-26-15), Luvmybully (09-24-15)
Old 09-24-15, 11:33 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,411 Times in 15,014 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

More crap to sling around the forum. Some obscure interview with a science ignorant doctor on a blog. Oh the proof! Its making me swoon.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Abi (09-26-15), CanadianDad (09-24-15), Luvmybully (09-24-15)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-15, 11:46 AM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
More crap to sling around the forum. Some obscure interview with a science ignorant doctor on a blog. Oh the proof! Its making me swoon.
Proof?

I went back and skimmed to see if there have been any reputable studies done.
Didn't see any listed.

What I did see was "I suspect that ... " and "I think ... " and "It appears ... "

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Abi (09-26-15), CanadianDad (09-24-15), Luvmybully (09-24-15), sarahsweets (09-24-15)
Old 09-24-15, 12:55 PM

Thanked 21,476 Times in 11,514 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_udhf View Post
http://www.printfriendly.com/print/?...phanie-cave%2F

I recommend this article to parents who are looking to try and find alternative means of treatment for adhd. This form of treatment has dramatically changed my son's everyday life for the better. No more side effects.....no more mood swings....he is happy for once.
Well, I am sure am glad things are going groovy with your son!

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969

Last edited by namazu; 09-26-15 at 11:40 PM.. Reason: edited link in quote for consistency with edit to OP
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
shane_udhf (09-24-15), Unmanagable (09-25-15)
Old 09-24-15, 04:50 PM

shane_udhf is a jewel in the roughshane_udhf is a jewel in the roughshane_udhf is a jewel in the rough

well if you actually read the article and can understand without being so closed minded.....the article is old and the main point is for a person whose body does not give off metals, vaccines could be toxic. Does not take common core to figure this one out. This doctor testified before congress and i find it funny that drug makers have pretty much stopped using the mercury.

Anyway i did not post this article to talk about vaccines but rather to shed light on the doctors findings with children who have adhd and autism. She plainly states that after doing test on lots of children (research) they have found that a big percentage (not all) have high levels of metals in their system. Furthermore, after undergoing treatment for the metals they were able to help many of them (not all). So to those who state that a treatment did not work for them well that is ok, but that does not mean that it want help someone else, so try and stay objective rather than so negative.

I am not trying to convince anyone of anything here but i do testify to the positive results that have been made with my child and my friends that also have there children being treated.

I stated in prior post that i was referred to this doctor by a friend. Just so happens this friend has a son who was born normal. he explained that he was walking and talking at age 2 just like any other child. He said that when his son received his 2 year old vaccines that with in just a couple months that his child was diagnosed autistic. He said he could not understand how his child was normal one day and just few days later could not talk and walk. He went through a lot finally finding this doctor who did a metals test on his son which resulted in a finding of his son retains metals. the doctor has been treating him now for several years and he is no longer having autistic behaviors.
Old 09-24-15, 05:39 PM

as far as " I think" "it appears" "I suspect" I expect she does not state definitively her findings for the simple reason that most of us know that it is a lawyers world out there.......but she did testify before congress but hey we know what's up there too!
Old 09-24-15, 05:42 PM

Sorry, but doing tests is not the same thing as multiple blind studies which
show the same results consistently. Sorry, but saying things like "I suspect,
or it appears, or I think ... don't go far towards establishing her credibility
or knowledge.

It may be possible that for some reason those with autism are not able to
process and rid themselves of environmental heavy metals.

Since there is very little modern medicine can offer in the form of treatment
for autism, parents are easily suckered into trying whatever anyone offers
because they want the best for their kids. Many things are currently being
tried and tested, and those who can afford to explore those options may
well do so. But I think one has to be careful of suggesting these things are
anything but experiments on our children.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Abi (09-26-15), Lizzie80 (09-25-15), Luvmybully (09-25-15)
Old 09-24-15, 05:49 PM

Quote:
well if you actually read the article and can understand without being so closed minded.....
Just because I'm not jumping up and down and shouting YAY! doesn't mean
I don't understand or am being closed minded. Some of the experiments that
are being done on these special needs children are quite alarming ... such as
chiropractic on infants under six months for example.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Abi (09-26-15), Lizzie80 (09-25-15), Luvmybully (09-25-15)
Old 09-24-15, 07:00 PM

I understand where you are coming from Lunacie....my intent is to share proven results and the science behind it. as far as the doctors testing is concerned a simple urine test and one blood test is pretty much all that is required to tell if a child retains metals. I would think if one was to do test on children with adhd and autism and compare against children that are not demonstrating those behaviors would provide some results that could be compared and studied especially after testing hundreds of children....just saying......
Old 09-24-15, 07:06 PM

Quote:
I understand where you are coming from Lunacie....my intent is to share proven results and the science behind it. as far as the doctors testing is concerned a simple urine test and one blood test is pretty much all that is required to tell if a child retains metals. I would think if one was to do test on children with adhd and autism and compare against children that are not demonstrating those behaviors would provide some results that could be compared and studied especially after testing hundreds of children....just saying......
My point is that this kind of testing doesn't seem to have been done so far.
Comparing neurotypical children and those with adhd or autism I mean.

I'd feel better about putting my child or grandchild through a chelation if
there was some research showing that there is a difference in the ability
to rid the body of toxic levels of heavy metal ... and that doing so really
lessened the symptoms and impairments.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Lizzie80 (09-25-15), Luvmybully (09-25-15)
Old 09-24-15, 08:28 PM

Lunacie, there are doctors out there that have done it. I have talked to this doctor and she explained what she has accomplished over the years. i had a lot of questions for her on the topic and she sat and answered them. Lunacie, I know how you feel, i had to weigh it all out myself. The metals test was the spring board for us. I made my mind up that I would get that done and see what it revealed before i did anything else. i actually had to wait a year to see this doctor but in the meantime the friend that recommended me has a son that is a neurologist and i got him to do a metals test. He did a urine and a hair which when the results came in my son appeared to not have any mercury in his urine or hair to amount to anything. My friend told me that could be because my son was retaining metals. Dr. Cave did her test which she included a blood test. Turns out my son did have some metals but she said it did not warrant IV chelation. She is using something called chelex to help with the metals. There is a few different ways of doing chelation and my friend opted to go the IV route and DR. Cave uses creams and pills so he actually sought treatment with a DR. Buttar who practices in North Carolina. Lunacie, after going through what me and my family have endured, I have so many more questions that I want to answer with this illness. I know you probably know this already that chelation also gets rid of some good things in the body and that is why a person who specializes in this should do it. They have to know what to put back into the body to get proper results.
Old 09-25-15, 03:50 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,411 Times in 15,014 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have talked to this doctor and she explained what she has accomplished over the years. i had a lot of questions for her on the topic and she sat and answered them.
So what? Of course she answered them-with her own agenda and in a way that supports her theories regardless of evidence and against good science.
Quote:
Dr. Cave did her test which she included a blood test. Turns out my son did have some metals but she said it did not warrant IV chelation. She is using something called chelex to help with the metals. There is a few different ways of doing chelation and my friend opted to go the IV route and DR. Cave uses creams and pills so he actually sought treatment with a DR. Buttar who practices in North Carolina. Lunacie, after going through what me and my family have endured, I have so many more questions that I want to answer with this illness. I know you probably know this already that chelation also gets rid of some good things in the body and that is why a person who specializes in this should do it. They have to know what to put back into the body to get proper results.
Are you saying that some people actually use a form of IV therapy for this junk? To me that sounds like child abuse.
There is no science behind any of these as treatments. Maybe there is some science buried somewhere in these ideas you are talking about but as far as the therapies you are mentioning, they have been tested and found safe or accurate.
Honestly, it would be one thing if you made a thread and said "this is working for my kid" but you have a thread that uses words like proof, evidence and studies, none of which are peer reviewed, monitored,or recommended.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
CanadianDad (09-25-15), Lizzie80 (09-25-15)
Old 09-25-15, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
So what? Of course she answered them-with her own agenda and in a way that supports her theories regardless of evidence and against good science.

Are you saying that some people actually use a form of IV therapy for this junk? To me that sounds like child abuse.
There is no science behind any of these as treatments. Maybe there is some science buried somewhere in these ideas you are talking about but as far as the therapies you are mentioning, they have been tested and found safe or accurate.
Honestly, it would be one thing if you made a thread and said "this is working for my kid" but you have a thread that uses words like proof, evidence and studies, none of which are peer reviewed, monitored,or recommended.
Chelation is not new by any means. Until you have tried some of these procedures and actually talked face to face with some of these doctors and patients that have been treated all you have to go off of is google! In my book that does not mean much......like I have said before if you want something you can find it on the internet but fact is it could be wrong and it could be right. There are people who truly want other options other than medications and they are out there, however folks like yourself I guess have settled for medications and hey I am not knocking you for it.

Last edited by namazu; 09-25-15 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: removed insult
Old 09-25-15, 10:41 AM

Quote:

I stated in prior post that i was referred to this doctor by a friend. Just so happens this friend has a son who was born normal. he explained that he was walking and talking at age 2 just like any other child. He said that when his son received his 2 year old vaccines that with in just a couple months that his child was diagnosed autistic. He said he could not understand how his child was normal one day and just few days later could not talk and walk. He went through a lot finally finding this doctor who did a metals test on his son which resulted in a finding of his son retains metals. the doctor has been treating him now for several years and he is no longer having autistic behaviors.
I wonder why some kids aren't able to sluff off these metals so they reach
toxic levels while other kids don't have this problem?

Last edited by namazu; 09-25-15 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: quote consistency
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Roundmouth (09-27-15)