ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-18, 06:50 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,633 Times in 15,114 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Hypnotism not related to adhd or any type of treatment

I was just wondering if anyone had ever been hypnotized like those shows they have where people are dancing with brooms and doing things they never would normally do? I saw one at college once and a friend who is as skeptical as they come was doing crazy things. Is this for real or part of an act? I am not talking about it as any sort of treatment just for entertainment purposes.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 10-18-18, 02:54 AM
Contributor

Lloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Hypnotism not related to adhd or any type of treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I was just wondering if anyone had ever been hypnotized like those shows they have where people are dancing with brooms and doing things they never would normally do? I saw one at college once and a friend who is as skeptical as they come was doing crazy things. Is this for real or part of an act? I am not talking about it as any sort of treatment just for entertainment purposes.
Stage hypnosis is different from clinical hypnosis/hypnotherapy and neither work unless with the given concent of your subconscious.
Old 10-18-18, 05:34 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,409 Times in 7,671 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I had it tried on me once (for therapy)...but I was really resistant to it and it did nothing to me.

I just recently spoke to a lady who thinks there's people so good at hypnotizing people, that they could even do so to a person like me who super resistive of it.
I don't think I believe her.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-18, 10:26 PM
ADDvanced Member

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

I don't think I believe that either. It's one thing to hypnotize someone who doesn't believe in hypnosis, but is willing to try it. But not someone who actively resists hypnosis.