ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site Suggestions & Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-16, 11:32 AM
Contributor

Location: ny upstate where there are cows and trees and stuff.
DJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to all
The Best threads on ADD Forums..?

Is there a list of the best threads here on ADD Forums anywhere?

From what I've seen there are a lot of diamonds hidden in the archives.

I'd like to see a list of the must read posts for newbies, or anyone with ADHD for that matter.

First one that I think might qualify for a sticky post in the meds forum:
To those who take,borrow,ask for or buy stimulants that are not prescribed to them:
sarahsweets : http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174292

The thread that gave me the idea: Does anyone really think they are a complete, helpless victim of ADD? (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 6) started by
My Life ADDs Up. It is here: http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12428

If this has already been done, my apologies... I haven't found it yet..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJ Bill For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (01-03-16), namazu (01-03-16)
Old 01-03-16, 01:18 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,769 Times in 12,836 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Best threads on ADD Forums..?

Some threads are made stickies. You can find them above the other thread on each board (though keep on mind that some stickies or rather the OP in some stickies, in my opinion at least, are complete rubbish).

I guess it's difficult to judge though what are quality threads and what aren't. It's too subjective. Some threads have been rated highly, which is shown by the number of stars next to the name of the thread but again that''s very subjective.the best might be to use the search function to look for threads that are of interest to you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
kattsqueen (04-19-16), midnightstar (01-03-16), namazu (01-03-16)
Old 01-03-16, 07:53 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,952 Times in 9,009 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

There's a part of the children with ADHD section called "Dizfriz's Corner". That part is a gold mine for all teachers and parents on the site. (Probably something to learn in there for those of us who are neither teachers nor parents, too.)
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following User Says Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (02-29-16)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-16, 04:07 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,677 Times in 1,294 Posts
tazoz has a reputation beyond reputetazoz has a reputation beyond reputetazoz has a reputation beyond reputetazoz has a reputation beyond reputetazoz has a reputation beyond reputetazoz has a reputation beyond reputetazoz has a reputation beyond reputetazoz has a reputation beyond reputetazoz has a reputation beyond reputetazoz has a reputation beyond reputetazoz has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a thread that I started a while back that was meant to do exactly what you are asking for:

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103820

It never really worked out perfectly but there are still quite a few amazing posts in it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tazoz For This Useful Post:
DJ Bill (02-29-16), midnightstar (02-29-16)
Old 02-29-16, 06:47 PM
Contributor

Location: ny upstate where there are cows and trees and stuff.
DJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to all

Yup, that's a great thread! Thank you Tazoz!
Old 02-29-16, 09:46 PM

Thanked 21,900 Times in 7,983 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Some threads are made stickies. You can find them above the other thread on each board (though keep on mind that some stickies or rather the OP in some stickies, in my opinion at least, are complete rubbish).

I guess it's difficult to judge though what are quality threads and what aren't. It's too subjective. Some threads have been rated highly, which is shown by the number of stars next to the name of the thread but again that''s very subjective.the best might be to use the search function to look for threads that are of interest to you.
Some people star their own threads. It happens.

To the OP:
There's a whole lot of threads on here, and plenty of them are good. Hunting thru the archives can be awesome.
The Following User Says Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (03-01-16)
Old 02-29-16, 10:48 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,952 Times in 9,009 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

Further to what ginniebean said: I think "the best" - or even "great" or "must-read" - depends pretty strongly on personal preference. A lot of the time, I think what happens is a person is in desperate need of something (specific information, reassurance, assistance, or whatever it may be), and when they find exactly what they had been looking for, they can sort of feel as if they've "hit the jackpot" in finding the Best Thread Ever.

For them. On that day.

I think (if we were looking for them, which we're not) that there would be a pretty strong general consensus on "ADDF's Ten-Thousand Most Worthless Threads". But agreeing on the best ones is much more tricky and subjective.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
Old 02-29-16, 11:19 PM

Thanked 12,618 Times in 5,594 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

I’m not so sure about threads, but for me, a post always has a chance to be great when someone speaks from their truest self, with neither pride nor shame, but with profound depth and vulnerability, and in so doing, shares their gifts and adds their voice to the chorus of the world.

In my experience, this is both rare and arrestingly beautiful.

They are the kind of posts I can read over and over again, and they are evergreen in their vitality and power to both ground me and dare me to dream.

Namaste,
Ian
acdc01 (03-04-16)
Old 03-01-16, 02:49 AM

Thanked 27,769 Times in 12,836 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginniebean View Post
Some people star their own threads. It happens.

To the OP:
There's a whole lot of threads on here, and plenty of them are good. Hunting thru the archives can be awesome.

Really???? I never thought of that.

I guess it's possible but it's just difficult to imagine anyone doing that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
ginniebean (03-01-16)