ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD A forum to discuss Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Simple Phobias, and Social Anxiety Disorder

Old 05-02-16, 10:01 PM

mindyz has a spectacular aura aboutmindyz has a spectacular aura about
Do you have weird worries?

I always worry about weird things like plane crash, alien abduction, HIV infection, brain parasites etc, which makes me very embarrassed. I wonder if you guys experience this too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mindyz For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (06-11-16), peripatetic (06-10-16)
Old 05-02-16, 11:55 PM
ADDvanced Member

AddAnxiousMe is a glorious beacon of lightAddAnxiousMe is a glorious beacon of lightAddAnxiousMe is a glorious beacon of lightAddAnxiousMe is a glorious beacon of lightAddAnxiousMe is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Do you have weird worries?

Sounds like possible OCD. I used to have a lot of health obsessions that I won't go in to, but I was diagnosed with the obsessional component of OCD (I didn't have very many compulsions) and have done much better on various serotonergic medications, like Prozac, Paxil, Effexor, etc.
Did you ever consult a doctor about this? There are good cognitive and medication therapies for this disorder.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AddAnxiousMe For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (06-11-16), peripatetic (06-10-16)
Old 06-10-16, 06:43 AM

Summerready has a spectacular aura aboutSummerready has a spectacular aura about

I worry im going to die or my children or mom..Then i worry about if i worry to much it will happen..daily
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summerready For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (06-10-16), Greyhound1 (06-11-16), peripatetic (06-10-16)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-16, 09:15 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 29,492 Times in 13,592 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, though it depends a lot on my mood. In fact my mood is probably the biggest factor. It's got less to do with reason. If my mood is conducive my brian will just look for stuff it can worry about even if it's absolutely senseless. If my mood isn't conducive to worrying I won't worry even about things that maybe I should worry about.

In general though I tend towards worrying..and a lot of it is totally unreasonable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (06-11-16)
Old 06-10-16, 01:42 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,192 Times in 14,311 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I dont worry about stuff per se but I can get preoccupied with anything catastrophic or apocalyptic.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 06-10-16, 08:01 PM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,347 Times in 708 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

I have phobias, like the the fear of bugs. I tend to worry they're going to crawl up my pants and bite me where the sun don't shine.
Old 06-10-16, 08:49 PM

Thanked 21,087 Times in 11,257 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Every minute of every day and no, they are not weird. They are naggingly real.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-18-17)
Old 06-10-16, 09:02 PM
ADDvanced Member

Tetrahedra is just really niceTetrahedra is just really niceTetrahedra is just really niceTetrahedra is just really nice

Yes. I don't think I'm bad enough to be classed as OCD because it doesn't comprise enough of my day, but I definitely have some crazy thoughts going through my head. Sometimes they're things that are constant, and other times they're situational and go away once that situation is over. For example, once I was worried that I would be walking along a balcony and drop my cat off the side. That one stayed with me for quite some time, but as long as I distract myself, it doesn't really bother me anymore.
Old 06-10-16, 11:44 PM

Thanked 33,374 Times in 15,076 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

my worries are horrible and incredibly distressing. i don't know if they're weird. they're not the same as yours, specifically, but they fall into a category of ocd like yours do.

how are you doing now?
The Following User Says Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (06-11-16)
Old 06-11-16, 12:25 AM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 14,364 Times in 6,875 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

I constantly have unwanted horid thoughts. They are the fuel which activates my OCD compulsiveness.

An example. If I don't check the door locks multiple times tonight, I will imagine all kinds of terrible things and get no sleep. Easier to give in to the compulsion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (06-11-16)
Old 06-16-16, 10:32 AM

Thanked 1,548 Times in 931 Posts
Laserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to behold

My mother worries about literally every bad thing that could possibly happen, no matter how extremely remotely likely. It's very annoying. She's like Debbie Downer.

She was told that it was. There was just a moment of silence before
the woman proceeded bravely on. "Well, I'm wondering, then, how serious my
condition is. This prescription is marked `NO REFILLS'".
The Following User Says Thank You to Laserbeak For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-18-17)
Old 02-23-17, 08:17 PM

Nelson1967 is on a distinguished road

Yea no OCD I'm a military mom I worried all my life any how
Old 11-18-17, 04:19 PM
ADDvanced Member

allesandro1 has a spectacular aura aboutallesandro1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindyz View Post
I always worry about weird things like plane crash, alien abduction, HIV infection, brain parasites etc, which makes me very embarrassed. I wonder if you guys experience this too.
ADD has an OCD component; that is, people with ADD exhibit OCD traits, not a full blown OCD diagnosis,just traits.
Old 11-18-17, 05:26 PM
Contributor

wonderboy has a spectacular aura aboutwonderboy has a spectacular aura about

I have extensive social anxiety
The Following User Says Thank You to wonderboy For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-18-17)
Old 11-18-17, 06:51 PM

Thanked 33,374 Times in 15,076 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by allesandro1 View Post
ADD has an OCD component; that is, people with ADD exhibit OCD traits, not a full blown OCD diagnosis,just traits.
where did you find this information? not all persons with ADHD have OCD or even traits...and there's nothing in the criteria for ADHD that indicates OCD traits must be present.

that said, people can definitely have both ADHD and OCD. i have both.