ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 10-07-16, 12:54 PM

Bammer is on a distinguished road
Adderall IR side effects after 2 week break

Rx: x2 15mg Teva - Same as the past few months, tried Corepharma a while ago and knew something was wrong, finding out generics can make a big difference.

I took a two and a half week break off of Adderall to hopefully lower tolerance. I started taking them again on the 1st this month and noticed new side effects and existing side effects that I was used to were much more severe. My comedowns also last for a good 2-3 hours and I begin coming down earlier at about 3 hours opposed to the comedown lasting around a hour and coming down pretty much at the 4 hour mark.

New side effects:
Muscle pain in my lower back, left thigh and left side of my pelvic area, also adds a very uncomfortable dull pain and pressure feeling to my left testicle. I've actually feel my left testicle moving around while this is happening. - This is by far the worst side effect and I notice it mostly while I'm coming down but when I'm not playing a game or distracted I still notice it but not nearly as bad.

Stomach Cramps as if I ate something bad or a ton of spicy food.

Existing side effects that are severer:

Muscle Tension, I believe muscles I have no control over in my chest all the way down to my pelvic area and my neck/throat. This gives me chest tightness and makes it feel harder to breathe and I notice this pretty much as the dose kicks in and gets worse as I comedown.

Vision changes, I start to see this blur around my monitor and sometimes for a few seconds my entire vision shakes left to right. I don't know if my eyes are actually moving when it happens because it goes away by I try to look at myself. This is all only during the comedown and last until I sleep.

I'm dependent enough of Adderall that these side effects don't stop me from taking it. I tell myself that I won't take it tomorrow, but then I wake up and a hour or two later the fatigue hits me and my motivation to do anything but listen to music is completely gone.

Any tips on countering any side effects or what the problem could be?

Note: One week into the break I stopped my Ativan taper and went off completely, was taking 1.5 mg a day but I didn't notice any withdrawal symptoms during that time. This was prescribed to taper down from a higher dose of Xanax.
Old 10-07-16, 11:16 PM

bluefoxicy is a jewel in the roughbluefoxicy is a jewel in the roughbluefoxicy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Adderall IR side effects after 2 week break

That's a call-your-provider situation. You're experiencing pain, breathing problems, vision problems, and muscle tension. Call your doctor.

Some generics can vary the dose by as much as 20%, i.e. 20mg may be 18mg-22mg, in the United States. Teva is a Canadian manufacturer, not sure their dose control. I would seriously buy a SunPharma MAS XR if I could (they only supply an IR MAS here) because their quality standards are known-good.

You might have switched from one manufacturer's 18mg to another's 22mg--a 22% increase. The generic might have more in the early release and less in the later release, so the dose response curve hits a higher peak. You might just be more-sensitive at the moment.

It doesn't matter. You're experiencing bad side-effects, including trouble breathing. Call your doctor.
Old 10-07-16, 11:36 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 12,891 Times in 6,202 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like your tolerance may have gone done and your dose is now too high. I would suggest contacting your Dr. and consider lowering your dose initially until you can find the thresh-hold between benefits and the negative side effects.

Adderall has been a tricky medication for me to find the proper dose.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-16, 08:47 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,283 Times in 13,270 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Regardless of why these things are happening, they are not standard side effects and you should get in touch with your doctor asap.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.