ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 12-14-16, 02:00 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Jenn1202 will become famous soon enough
Unhappy About to get fired from customer service & sales job

They've been training me for over a week and I don't seem to get the hang of things. I'm failing to take notes and constantly need my boss's help. I can't remember anything they want me to do and how to do it. I need too much help and can't keep up. My notes are messy and my boss doesn't like it. I do everything so slowly that my boss sent me home mid shift today. Also, I can't work longer than 6 hours because then I get hyper and completely lose focus but sometimes my boss wants me to stay longer. They haven't fired me yet, but given everything that happened today I think they will… Soon… Very soon. Am I just dumb or is this all ADD-related?

I'm thinking of quitting this job before they fire me because I don't think things are working out and I don't want to waste my employer's time and money. Should I quit or should I wait till I get fired?

Honestly I feel like I'm never going to be able to find a job that I can actually do. This is my second time getting fired over the past 4 months (and I was unemployed for 2 months). I've been working there for less than a month! I'm currently unmedicated due to medical reasons and I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to get back on meds. I can do really well on ADD medication but my body can't tolerate them . I tried taking a low dose but I was still struggling to get things done and I was still getting side effects. Should I go on disability?
Rx: 2007-2012: Ritalin LA 30, Ritalin IR 10 X 2; 2013: Daytrana 10; Jan-Jul 2014: Ritalin IR 10mg; Aug 2014: Adderall IR 5mg; Sep 2014: Dex IR 5mg (Barr/Mal); Nov 2015: Zenzedi 5mg; 2016: off meds; Current : Zenzedi 5mg
Dx: 2004: ADHD, 2012: Hyperthyroidism, medication-induced rapid heartbeat/palpitations; 2013: Hashimoto's, PVCs/PACs; 2014: Innocent heart murmur, 2016: Roemheld syndrome and the list goes on and on..

Last edited by Jenn1202; 12-14-16 at 02:22 PM..
Old 12-14-16, 05:38 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,110 Times in 13,166 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute
Re: About to get fired from customer service & sales job

It's quite ok, to quit a job that just doesnt suit you
it doesnt mesh with whatever symptoms you may have, you'll find something better fo you
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Jenn1202 (12-14-16)