ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-16, 06:38 AM

asalem is on a distinguished road
Being bored makes me crazy

I mean it. Just feeling bored makes me do crazy things to add excitement to my life. I always feel I need to be in my safe zone. The problem is I am becoming bored of the activities that I enjoyed doing so now I am going crazy trying to figure new things I will enjoy. I have been feeling that my ADHD symptoms are getting worst, to the point where I can't sit at home for a hour. Just last week, I decided to take a road trip at midnight. I drove to another city 3 hours away with no reason and after becoming overwhelmed, I decided to sleep in my car for a few hours. When I woke up, I couldn't decide what to do. Should I go back or find something exciting to do in this new city? So I just drove around in the city for hours until I decided to leave at 7pm. I had driven half way back home when I decided I made the wrong choice and I didn't feel like going home otherwise I would be bored again so I turned around. When I went back to the other city, I just parked at the Walmart contemplating on why I can't ever do anything right. I don't never know what to do and what I want and I am extremely indecisive. Screw it. I got bored again and I decided to just a coffee and drive back home again. You can imagine I was overwhelmed when I got home. I look back on this and I don't think a normal person would do this and this is what lead to me to think I have ADHD. I was never formally diagnosed but after visiting this forum, I feel you guys. What you guys think? ADHD or no?
Old 12-31-16, 12:25 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,544 Times in 6,492 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Being bored makes me crazy

Dunno, but boredom is a form of and expression of anxiety.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following User Says Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (12-31-16)
Old 12-31-16, 12:43 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,351 Times in 781 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
Dunno, but boredom is a form of and expression of anxiety.Cheers, Ian
Didn't know that, thx
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-31-16), Little Missy (12-31-16)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-16, 01:22 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,450 Times in 3,077 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like poor impulse control. You do things without really thinking about what you're doing, because you feel like there's a gap that needs to be filled.

I know that feeling all too well. My life is full of gaps and i'm constantly questioning how best to fill in those gaps. It can drive me insane at times.
Old 12-31-16, 02:35 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,457 Times in 14,482 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I look back on this and I don't think a normal person would do this and this is what lead to me to think I have ADHD. I was never formally diagnosed but after visiting this forum, I feel you guys. What you guys think? ADHD or no?
Just because its not something a "normal person" would do, doesnt mean its adhd.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 12-31-16, 03:59 PM

PearlJam is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the question asalem.

I also get crazy when I'm bored. It happens after I've worked tirelessly to get everything done, then I crash on the couch ... and that's when I go crazy. I think it's because I know there are tones stuff I could get started on, but I just don't anything. If it's not urgent, forget it! And I go crazy thinking about all of it but still I stay on the couch. I know it's all going start again tomorrow ... but I can't seem to bring myself to get ahead of it all. I'm thinking I need to up my meds!

John
Old 12-31-16, 05:36 PM

Dachshund is a jewel in the roughDachshund is a jewel in the roughDachshund is a jewel in the rough

I don't know if it's boredom per say, but I find myself often craving new experiences, new sights, new places, etc. When I get stuck in the same kind of routine, the same places, or have nothing to do, I go nuts. I guess it's why I like to travel a lot.

Quote:
When I went back to the other city, I just parked at the Walmart contemplating on why I can't ever do anything right. I don't never know what to do and what I want and I am extremely indecisive. Screw it. I got bored again and I decided to just a coffee and drive back home again. You can imagine I was overwhelmed when I got home. I look back on this and I don't think a normal person would do this and this is what lead to me to think I have ADHD. I was never formally diagnosed but after visiting this forum, I feel you guys. What you guys think? ADHD or no?
I don't know if it's ADHD or not, but it does sound like there is some anxiety involved with this. Especially the part about you feeling like you can't do anything right. I don't want to put words in your mouth, but it sounds like you crave that new experience stuff but feel bad about it or just get so overwhelmed by it.

As for normal people doing this kinda stuff, I disagree. My "normal" friends and I did stuff like this all the time. We do it less now, because of jobs, schedules, families, etc, but we still find ourselves doing stuff like this.
Old 12-31-16, 11:50 PM

Thanks for the all replies. That's not the only reason I think I have ADHD. I have a VERY shot attention span and can't sit in spot for more than 5 minutes unless I like doing something I like on the laptop. A few years back, My Dr. said he thinks I have it but he recommended I see a professional. I really really thought about his suggestion but not that my life is crashing due to my bad habits, I believe I do have it.
Old 12-31-16, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Just because its not something a "normal person" would do, doesnt mean its adhd.
Sorry, I didn't mean that we aren't normal. I just think we are different than most people. It's not only this symptom but I have all the symptoms of ADHD. That's why I think I have it.
Old 01-01-17, 01:53 AM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,966 Times in 9,011 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

asalem: it's time to go see a psychiatrist.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
Old 01-01-17, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdnvwls View Post
asalem: it's time to go see a psychiatrist.
Why? Is this bad?
Old 01-01-17, 10:05 AM
Mod-A-holic

sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by asalem View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean that we aren't normal. I just think we are different than most people. It's not only this symptom but I have all the symptoms of ADHD. That's why I think I have it.
I didnt think you meant any harm by saying that. I was just pointing out that there is way more to an adhd diagnosis then feeling not normal.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 01-01-17, 10:06 AM
Mod-A-holic

Quote:
Why? Is this bad?
I am not speaking for DVD but I think maybe he meant that all the pondering an wondering in the world wont replace a doctor diagnosing whatever issue it is that makes you feel this way. In other words- you have something that bothers you, so see the kind of doctor that can help you with that which would be a psychiatrist.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
dvdnvwls (01-01-17)
Old 01-01-17, 12:35 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,966 Times in 9,011 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why? Is this bad?
No, nothing like that - just that if you're pretty sure you have ADHD and you are noticing bad effects on your life, there's no point wasting time. Go and do something about it. Looking for a psychiatrist and getting diagnosed can be a time-consuming and irritating process, and the faster you get there the sooner you can make useful changes.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-01-17)
Old 01-02-17, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdnvwls View Post
No, nothing like that - just that if you're pretty sure you have ADHD and you are noticing bad effects on your life, there's no point wasting time. Go and do something about it. Looking for a psychiatrist and getting diagnosed can be a time-consuming and irritating process, and the faster you get there the sooner you can make useful changes.
Your right. My father keeps telling me I am reckless and my doctor, who happens to my fathers friend, keeps telling me I have ADHD. He even tried to prescribe me stimulants but I took them and never came back for a refill. What I need to do is see a psychiatrist. The problem is that it takes months just to reserve a appointment in Canada and you imagine that as a ADHD person, I keep procrastinating just knowing I have to wait months. I need to learn to be more patient I guess. God will help me.