ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site Suggestions & Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-17, 12:10 AM

gothceltgirl is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Keep Getting an Account Limited glitch

Haven't logged in in a while, but this has happened before. I logged in & got an error 404 message then finally managed to log in and it was that page that states that my account access is limited. I'm like huh? What did I do, this time? I haven't even been here in months, so I couldn't have done anything. There's something really wrong with the system. It makes me feel like I'm being accused of something. I hate it. I know it's just a glitch, but I really wish that someone would get tech support to look into it & fix it already.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gothceltgirl For This Useful Post:
namazu (03-22-17), userguide (03-22-17)
Old 03-22-17, 12:14 AM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,458 Times in 9,115 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Keep Getting an Account Limited glitch

No, it's not you -- and welcome back, by the way!

This sticky from the Forums Q&A section should exlain it.

The problem is not tech support -- it's a known bug, and many members, moderators, and Admins have offered to fix it over the years (yes, years ).

Unfortunately, David, the site owner, is the only one with permissions to do so, and he hasn't done so yet.

He popped in a few weeks ago to mention a site upgrade, and maybe he'll finally deal with it. (Maybe? Please, David?!)

...Until then (and I wouldn't hold my breath!) make sure you navigate to addforums.com/forums when you log in. That should get around most of the weird error messages telling you your account doesn't have permissions to do whatever.
The Following User Says Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
userguide (03-22-17)
Old 03-22-17, 12:21 AM

gothceltgirl is on a distinguished road
Re: Keep Getting an Account Limited glitch

Thank you namazu for clearing it up. Technology right?! I get food stamps and recently they just stopped. I contacted them about it, and they called me to say that the system simply randomly cut a bunch of people off this month. It's like what?! That's insane. The machines are clearly taking over. They fixed it right away, but wow, so many glitches & bugs & whatnot.
The Following User Says Thank You to gothceltgirl For This Useful Post:
namazu (03-22-17)
Sponsored Links