ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Depressants
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-17, 04:39 PM
Jr Member

Syndicki is on a distinguished road
ADD,Zoloft and Alcoholism - Help needed

Hi,

I am in need of a bit of guidance..

I take Vyvance 70mg and took Prozac for a couple of months, but it was not having a good impact. My Dr. moved me to Zoloft and for the first few days, I felt a positive change but slowly things seem to be diminishing a bit. The positive changes I noticed were :

1. Increased energy - I was able to go running a few times
2. Concentration and productivity- a good improvement
3. Sleeping normally, eating more normally

Generally I felt noticeably better than before.

After day 4, it started to slide a bit,

1.I was procrastinating more again, although I was not in an environment where I can focus properly.
2. I stopped running/exercising
3. Much sleepier- need to take a daytime nap
4. Appetite increased significantly.
5. I started to feel more depressed again

Should I take it as a good sign that it had a positive benefit initially, and now my body is adjusting and it will take a while for it to go back to having the positive impact again? Someone mentioned that this might be the case?

Also, I should also mention that I am in AA and have been sober for over 6 months, but my body is still going through changes. After about month 3 I started eating a lot more sugar at night (chocolate/muffins before bed and do not drink as much water) The rest of my diet is generally healthy.

I just wish I knew what I should be doing or if because the first few days were good, I should ride it out? Also, any guidance on how I should adjust my lifestyle would be appreciated.

Please note, I slept for 8 hours last night and got up at 10am this morning. It's now 1;30pm and I'm going to need to take a nap for an hour.

Thanks,
Old 03-26-17, 07:08 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,810 Times in 12,860 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ADD,Zoloft and Alcoholism - Help needed

For me zoloft (that's sertraline isn't it?) Worked absolutely wonder for a few weeks and then it stopped working and never worked again. It did get me out of the pits of depression back then so I'll eternally grateful.
Old 03-26-17, 08:32 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,301 Times in 13,282 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ADD,Zoloft and Alcoholism - Help needed

Congrats on the sobriety! I am also an Alcoholic. My experience with vyvanse was similar. It took to long to work, never lasted, made me moody, sleepy and grumpy. Adderall works for me much better and Ive been on stimulants for over 13 years.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Sponsored Links