ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 04-09-17, 06:15 PM

noisette is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Bored with being bored of friends

Hi everyone,
Today i fougth with one of my best friends. I really love her but i am bored with her and i feel terrible. I also get bored with other people. At firts they seem so funny but then i dont even remember them like if they exist or not. I talk with people like forever and forget them. I lose many friends because of that. They think I am unconcernd. Sometimes ı dont talk with my best friends for like 3 weeks and ı dont realize that. I feel desperate. I feel like I am the worst friend. guys please help is there any solution for that.
The Following User Says Thank You to noisette For This Useful Post:
kwalk (03-01-18)
Old 04-10-17, 01:32 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,019 Times in 14,809 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bored with being bored of friends

The only solution I see is to work harder at being a good friend.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
noisette (04-10-17)
Old 04-16-17, 09:26 PM
Jr Member

Helloiamdani is on a distinguished road

Externalize what you need to remember, and include the date of your last contact with your friends. Time-blindness is part of ADHD, so it's important to devise ways to see the passage of time and utilize technologies that can make up deficits like this. With regards to your other concerns, sounds sort of like there might be an underlying social anxiety there, or at least something about yourself into which you ought to dig deeper with a therapist.
The Following User Says Thank You to Helloiamdani For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-16-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-17, 11:48 AM

icantbelive93 is on a distinguished road

I also get bored with people 95% of the time. As for forgetting to contact your friends. Mayne try having an agenda and writing down reminders.
Old 05-01-17, 10:36 AM

spacecadet8 is on a distinguished road

I get mildly angry when I'm bored and have become a ghosting expert - its so obnoxious. I just can't remember the good times when i'm bored.. its awful
The Following User Says Thank You to spacecadet8 For This Useful Post:
kwalk (03-01-18)
Old 05-01-17, 11:11 AM
Jr Member

jakeahunter is on a distinguished road

Try being a better person, and seek guidance.

Last edited by namazu; 05-01-17 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: Religious commentary is not permitted on the open forum. See ADDF guidelines.
Old 05-01-17, 01:19 PM
Banned

Postulate is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisette View Post
Hi everyone,
Today i fougth with one of my best friends. I really love her but i am bored with her and i feel terrible. I also get bored with other people. At firts they seem so funny but then i dont even remember them like if they exist or not. I talk with people like forever and forget them. I lose many friends because of that. They think I am unconcernd. Sometimes ı dont talk with my best friends for like 3 weeks and ı dont realize that. I feel desperate. I feel like I am the worst friend. guys please help is there any solution for that.
Hey, what are you diagnosed with, and are you taking any medication?

Last edited by namazu; 05-01-17 at 01:38 PM.. Reason: To keep thread on track.
Old 02-21-18, 07:05 AM

sunnyryannn is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Bored with being bored of friends

hey, I also can't talk with my friend for a long time and then to call her like everything is fine, and it is fine, but she don't like this much, don't understand.
I just need some breaks from talking, from people. I usually wath tv or play video games, I like my psp and I want to play alone.
I think it's normal and it doesn't obviosly mean you need medicine!
Old 02-21-18, 09:32 AM
ADDvanced Member

Kaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to all

Try to focus on your assets as a friend, not on your flaws! Maybe for some, you're the perfect person to have a good long talk with once every 3 weeks, and that would be totally okay.

Did you tell your friends about the adhd, and your worries about not being a good friend? Maybe they can help you to show up when you need to, or even get you out isolation mode.

Don't believe the mind telling you that you don't need anyone and it's normal to play video games a lot. It shut me totally off to a more consuming state for many many years, followed by depressions. The moment i started to reach out things started to change.

And to put things a little more in perspective: fights can happen between normal people as well and some people are boring, period ;-)
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaia.S For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-01-18)
Old 03-01-18, 07:01 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

kwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to all

I think my friends soon realize I’m not normal and try to figure me out. I try to make up for it and be excited to talk to them (ok I’ve been trying this at work and it’s more like I’m unfriendly for a day or two). But it’s really because my mind is completely blank! Anyways I find the more understanding a person is, the more they will help with conversation. Doing fun stuff with them always helps too.
“Sometimes you've got to let everything go - purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything . . . whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.”
The Following User Says Thank You to kwalk For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-01-18)