ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-17, 09:49 AM

Pihlaja is on a distinguished road
Smile Greetings from Pihlaja in Finland

Hi everyone,

I've been thinking I should come take a look at this forum and finally decided to do it. I'm undiagnosed but I've been told I can get tested anytime I want to do so. I don't want medication (expect at times when I'm feeling desperate) since I know I can manage a simulacrum of a functional human being when I remember my routines and remember to tweak them before I start slacking off out of boredom. I know what I should do but doing it is the difficult bit. Which seems to be one pattern of ADHD - you know what you should do but you still can't do it. Is it unrealistic to think I can get things to work without medication?

I teeter between wanting and not wanting to get a diagnosed. If I don't want medication do I need a diagnosis? Will it make me feel better if I finally have confirmation that my brain really does work differently?

Anyways, once again I've decided to try to start tweaking my life in the hopes that I'll eventually get things to work so that I don't have to dread the next self-caused catastrophe around the corner. Small steps and all that... I know it works but it's frustrating. I get a routine to work and then I try to add another and the first one dissolves. Or I just start avoiding it. But I've managed to keep a regular exercise habit going for almost a year now. For the first time in my life! I'm capable of progress though it may be slow!

Is there a place on this forum for personal journals? Keeping my future experiments in one place might be helpful.
Old 05-14-17, 09:56 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,436 Times in 11,960 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Greetings from Pihlaja in Finland

Welcome If you don't want others to post in your thread, there's the journaling section (which I believe only the OP of a thread can post in the thread) or there's Co Existing Conditions or Adults with ADD section if you feel getting responses would be helpful to you
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
Old 05-15-17, 06:02 AM

Pihlaja is on a distinguished road
Re: Greetings from Pihlaja in Finland

Thank you midnightstar

I started a journal and meant to keep it as a place where I can organize information for myself (if it helps someone else then that's good too) but I can't edit posts apparently. Is it because I'm new and will get editing privileges at some point, I just can't find the editing button or there simply is no such thing?
Sponsored Links