ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-17, 06:34 AM

delmecca is on a distinguished road
I just don't know what to do

I feel helpless and hopeless even now that I know what is wrong. I grew up being one of the most intelligent kids in school but could never get my homework done. I use to have teachers tell me my projects wasn't good enough because I would cram at the last minute and try to hit all the bullet point. I never could really focus on anything. I had friend but as I got older I could not handle relationship and never was a good friend to anyone. I hate meeting new people and I just can't focus or concentrate at work. I tried to live a normal life but it never works. My girlfriend doesn't understand why I don't put stuff away. Why when I clean up its never to a standard because I miss things. My bosses ask me all the time why my area is always messy or why I over look the simple things on paperwork. Even while writing this introduction my thoughts are everywhere. My girlfriend family don't understand why didn't finish college.( I couldn't get the stuff that I read to come out of my mind onto a piece of paper in such a way I could understand or my professors.) I wish everyone would have this condition and understand that is effects people with it differently. I hate that I have to act like a normal person until I cant take it no more and start to feel depressed.
The Following User Says Thank You to delmecca For This Useful Post:
userguide (06-05-17)
Old 06-05-17, 06:57 PM
Jr Member

MItterday is on a distinguished road
Re: I just don't know what to do

I hear you. I have ADHD and have a similar problem with understanding subjects I was not familiar with in college as well.
For myself, I have found keeping a small notebook by my computer, and listing the things I need to do that that. BUT, I cannot make it a long list, as I become overwhelmed. So, I just put down 2-3 things that I really need to do that day.
Also, I have changed my diet to considerably less processed foods and more fiber and natural foods and have found that my "brain" is clearer now and I can focus on the tasks easier. There website on ADD, about ADD/ADHD and foods, that I have found helpful. Here is the link: https://www.additudemag.com/nutritio...es-adhd-brain/

Just don't give up. We are all here for you.
Old 06-08-17, 10:58 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,845 Times in 1,166 Posts
Pilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud of
Re: I just don't know what to do

ADD can be demoralising, if untreated. You've probably got years in front of you to correct the things you need to. It doesn't mean you can't do it.
Sponsored Links