ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-17, 06:16 PM

saleen808 is on a distinguished road
Diagnosed at 38, prescribed Adderal (Day 2) Need Advise

Hi,
Very new to the forum and was hoping for some help.
38 year old male, have always been hyper and unable to sit still, think about 10 different things at once, have had trouble finishing tasks, can not for the life of me read an entire paragraph without skipping words/sentences.
I met with a really nice doctor and was prescribed Adderal 12.5 mg.
Here's the thing, I have been studying for the Series 7 (brutal exam) and thought the adderal would help me concentrate.
Although I feel a little more energized - like I downed three cups of coffee - my concentration level and ability to read and retain information hasn't gotten any better.
Does this mean that I don't have ADD? If not, do you guys think I need to up the dosage? Do I need to lower it?
Any insight would help. I was hoping this medication would help me concentrate and retain information.
I tried reading through the threads but wasn't able to find anything.
Thanking you in advance,
E
Old 06-07-17, 07:20 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 23,964 Times in 11,087 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Diagnosed at 38, prescribed Adderal (Day 2) Need Advise

There are reasons for starting with a low dose and not increasing too quickly.
This minimizes the chances for uncomfortable side effects, giving your body
time to adjust to the changes.

After a week let your doctor know whether or not you believe the meds are
helping. If not then it's time to up the dose a bit and see if that helps. After
a few increases in dose, if the med is still not particularly helpful, it may be
time to try another med (assuming you're in a country where other meds are
available).

Before giving up on the Adderall because you haven't noticed any benefits,
ask family and co-workers if they have noticed a change.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 06-07-17, 09:14 PM

Thanked 19,612 Times in 10,438 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

I have never known about a 12.5mg tablet or capsule of Adderall

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-17, 10:13 PM

Thanked 23,964 Times in 11,087 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
I have never known about a 12.5mg tablet or capsule of Adderall
It is a bit odd, but quite real. Made by Teva.

from www. drugs. com.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (06-07-17)
Old 06-08-17, 12:30 AM
Jr Member

phlylady is on a distinguished road

I have found that sometimes (depending on my cycle - I'm a lady) I get that high energy/no concentration combo. I am prescribed 10mg but on those days when that happens, I take 5 or 7.5 mg (breaking the pill in quarters) and that is MUCH better.
Old 06-08-17, 04:19 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,551 Times in 13,426 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I would give it a week and then make sure I call the doctor. If you do not have a follow up with the doctor in the near future, then make an appointment.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.