ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-17, 02:59 AM

disasimile is on a distinguished road
A bit of soul searching...

Hi guys! I'm new to this forum.

I'm probably one of the worst persons to ever give summaries, so I'd skip it for now! Basically, I have had two regular recurring diagnoses, and I'm wondering if you fellas who have a little more experience are a little more insightful on them!

Firstly, ADHD. Secondly, Borderline Personality Disorder.

I've read all sorts of descriptions of them and whatnot and I don't know what I am, or really, what it is actually like having either or, or even both. I know that I have quite black-and-white thinking, mostly due to sudden emotions. I know that if I cannot cope emotionally, I'd take a short-acting Ritalin, and then my thoughts calm down and I can process them and rationalise/look at things from other perspectives, otherwise I say and do all sorts of silly things impulsively.

I'm finding that whilst working on my self-esteem, a lot of my thought patterns are being reimagined and I'm able to be a bit more flexible in terms of thinking.

I've found people in real life who associate well with me are diagnosed ADHD. I'm a bit weird, really. Not a bad weird, I don't think (not a good weirdness either, though!), just different and I don't know if I know why.

Medication helps a tonne. That's the only real thing I am certain of. That, and who I want to be, who I am etc. it's just that I don't know a lot of things, and I do want to know more about where ADHD and BPD cross. I don't think I'm getting to the point. My medication is wearing off for the day.

I'm a little tired, too. So, excuse me if I rant a little. I know I've had some childhood trauma, and it's influenced me, but I don't hate my parents for it; they were doing the best they can and sometimes good intentions don't come out right.

Anyway, if anyone has any experiences they'd like to share or anything like that, I'd appreciate it if anyone can help a bit with perspective!

Thanks!
Old 06-17-17, 04:46 AM

Saskally222 is on a distinguished road
Re: A bit of soul searching...

You mentioned you think you are weird. I think that about myself too. I think many people just don't get me. I do have a tendency to accidentally talk over people and blurt out random things, especially when I'm less comfortable with people. As an adult, I've struggled to make friends. I'm worried that I just come off weird to people.