ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-17, 09:39 AM

Akatrina62 is on a distinguished road
Wink Managing my ADHD

Hi everyone,I was diagnosed with ADHD when I turned 52 years of age. I struggled all my life in schools, I flunked my GED test 4 times, finally they passed me even though I failed it. Yes I feel like I haven't accomplished anything in my life. I do get depressed ad angry, sometimes I get so angry, i feel like turning to drugs for relief. I have in the past,but I am now a reformed drug user and yes I have been prescribed ritilin and Adderall and everything out there for ADHD. The real medicine that worked was ritilin xr 20 mg. It actually got me off of drugs, got my mind right and I started to concentrate on other things that were important for me. I love to read and love staying active. I don't like sitting around and laying up in a pig sty anymore.i do keep my place clean ,now and am very proud of what I accomplished.
I also made some medicine changes. I am on Buporion xl 300mg and Strarrera 60 mg. I have been on this for 2 to 3 weeks and I do feel pretty great. I actually like it and can stay longer on this than the stimulants. Even though the stimulants are nice, they are not for long term use. I usually flip flop back and forth. If I need to, but this seems to be working just fine oh one more thing,that myth about having weight on Buporion? That's wrong. There is no way anyone can gain weight on that. That drug was specifically designed for people to stop smoking without weight gain, and it helped me other that also. No friends it doesn't make you gain weight😘 it's those antidepressants ,like Lexapro and cymbalta that does that. That's why I only take 2 meds for ADHD and depression. And they work just fine.🏄Hope everyone understands that I am now 62 years of age now and yes, I still struggle with ADHD because it is a deasese of the brain. It took me years to get straight, and I am so happy that I got a chance to do it right.
👍😘🍍👍👊🆒🆗✝🔯✝✡✡✡✡