ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD A forum to discuss Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Simple Phobias, and Social Anxiety Disorder

Old 06-19-17, 06:28 PM

h_thrilla is on a distinguished road
ADHD and Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria

I do a lot of reading and researching to understand why I think the way I think sometimes and stumbled upon this... Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria, "The volatile (and sometimes destructive) emotions associated with ADHD can manifest as frustration, sensitivity, or tendency to depressed emotions."

"Your Emotional Riot -- Or Why ADHD Makes You Feel So Much" by William Dodson, in ADDitude Magazine

I feel like I battle this on the inside daily. Some days better than others. But on the days I fail at winning the battle, I am left mentally exhausted and alone and it takes way too long to feel "normal" at processing my emotions again.

Can anyone else relate?

Last edited by namazu; 07-02-17 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: Removed link to commercial website, per ADDF guidelines.
Old 07-01-17, 10:52 PM

timmmay is on a distinguished road
Re: ADHD and Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria

Yes I can absolutely relate. I saw my psychiatrist a few weeks ago and discussed the treatment. He was apprehensive to use the blood pressure meds as he generally saves them for people with PTSD and who get highly agitated. It may still be something I can try in the future.

All I know is RSD sucks and I wish I didn't think this way!