ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 06-29-17, 07:23 PM

themdimplestho is on a distinguished road
Will this feeling ever go away??

So a month ago I was prescribed Concerta for my ADD and it made me feel like a complete zombie, I was couch locked 24/7 and completely unsociable. I didn't even want to raise my arm to look at my phone. I hated it. It made me so lazy. (Which I am already very unproductive without it) so it did the opposite of what it was supposed to do. I went back in and the Dr prescribed me 20 MG of Adderall XR. So I've been taking it for 3 days now and it makes me talk more, but I still get the tired/zombie/lazy as **** feeling. WHY!!!!!

If I just continue taking them as prescribed, will it eventually go away? Help me be productive like it's supposed to? Stop the zombie feeling?

In high school every now and then someone would have some and I would take one an adderall (I know awful I know) and it would make me feel on top of the world, I could get everything done. Why is it so different now?
Old 06-29-17, 08:20 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,585 Times in 11,923 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will this feeling ever go away??

Concerta and Adderall are both stimulants, but they have different base meds.
It could be your dose of Concerta was too low or too high, but it just may not
be the best med for you. Same thing with the Adderall, the dose may not be
right. It can be tricky finding the right dose that gives wanted benefits without
unwanted side effects. But it shouldn't feel like speed, just more focused.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 06-30-17, 08:57 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,657 Times in 14,615 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

For me, it has always been about frequency with dosing. Ir meds do not work for me. But xr meds do not last the purported amount of time either with adderall xr for me. I take adderall xr 20mg three times a day and adderall xr 5mg twice a day.

I carried a watermelon?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-17, 10:07 AM
Committee Member

Emre22 is just really niceEmre22 is just really niceEmre22 is just really niceEmre22 is just really nice

Maybe you have depression? Because it seems like lack of motivation
Old 06-30-17, 06:28 PM

themdimplestho is on a distinguished road

I have never felt depressed.
Old 06-30-17, 07:22 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is just really niceEmre22 is just really niceEmre22 is just really niceEmre22 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by themdimplestho View Post
depression isnt only about feelings depressed

especially lack of dopamine caused depression

i said lakc of motivation, if you cant move yourself for anything, it means that you dont have the thing that triggers you to do things
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-30-17)
Old 07-02-17, 05:37 AM
Contributor

Swissy is a glorious beacon of lightSwissy is a glorious beacon of lightSwissy is a glorious beacon of lightSwissy is a glorious beacon of lightSwissy is a glorious beacon of light

Adderall XR made me feel tired and sluggish until about 4 hrs in. Then it made me feel jittery (guessing when more of the med was released. Same dose of IR makes me feel alert, focused and productive. I have no idea why. I don't even take my 2nd dose of IR all the time.
Old 07-02-17, 07:34 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,657 Times in 14,615 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by themdimplestho View Post
I dont believe you. I havent met a single human that has never felt depressed.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 07-02-17, 08:10 AM
Committee Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I dont believe you. I havent met a single human that has never felt depressed.
I think it is a common mistake, when someone mentions depression , it makes a imagination like hopeless crying etc.
Being unmotivated, lack of energy etc. these are also depression symptoms

It depends on which one plays bigger depression on that human's depression

I think ADHD people ( like us) are more likely to have a depression related to dopaminergic system
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
sarahsweets (07-02-17)