ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-17, 09:21 AM

Nukeyfox is on a distinguished road
Hello!

Hi, everyone. I'll try to keep things concise, because I know a wall of text intimidating as heck.

I'm a college student from Malaysia, but I used to live in Australia. Back then, I was suspected ADHD when I was a toddler and got diagnosed when in preschool. I don't remember how I was diagnosed. Maybe because I was young and like didn't pay attention or something.

I never got into meds because counseling helped, the teachers were well-trained, and I was allowed to touch stuff. In addition, my parents were sketchy on giving little kids drugs. Except cough syrup.

Malaysia is where everything sucked. I got bullied and ignored a lot in primary school and church. ADHD wasn't well understood there, like the medication that was traditionally prescribed was caning. My pacing drove my (extended) family up the wall.

That aside, I did quite well in highschool. I got straight A's for my IGCSE. Prob had something to do with actually being interested in philosophy, science, maths and being in a homeschool program. I also had an unhealthy amount of hobbies; I'm consistent with just a few.

Meanwhile, screw college and their time tables. I'm constantly scolded for looking like a clueless kitten and fidgeting. At college, I learnt that leg shaking and forgetting dates are sins.

P.S. fidget spinners are distracting as heck. I pray that my classmate's fidget spinner explodes.
Old 07-23-17, 02:04 PM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,138 Times in 8,916 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello!

Hello and welcome to ADDF!

P.S. I agree with you about other people's fidget spinners! So distracting!
Old 07-23-17, 03:13 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 19,296 Times in 11,175 Posts
midnightstar has disabled reputation
Re: Hello!

Welcome
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Forever is a long, long time and time has a way of changing things" Big Mama - The Fox and the Hound (Disney)
Sponsored Links