ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-17, 08:22 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,795 Times in 7,378 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part IV

No one's really reached out to me since my mom has passed.

I mean...it's my fault really. I'm a 'person avoider" where I go out of my way to avoid people...including my external family. I think a lot of it has to do with shame (with me being such a good for nothing loser in life)...so I go out of my way to avoid where possible (it helps I live in a town with almost no external family).

I'm also not a person who has friends. I do...but we only get together maybe once or twice a year anymore.
Again...this is my fault. I don't seek out friendships, and when I do find people I really like, I have a HELL of a time staying consistent with them (or not floating off on them for months at a time /sigh).

I do have my dad who lives in the same town as me and we still stay in contact daily and do quite a lot with.
And the guys I do call friends reached out to me several times letting me know they're there for me to hang out with if ever I need.

But I don't know.
It's the holidays and no one's checked up on me. None of my grandparents or aunts or uncles. No presents (which is fine! I don't really celebrate anymore) no letters or anything.
No phone calls at the very least.

Just makes me wonder. Kinda makes me sad.
But then I remember...this is my own fault. I deserve what I get.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (12-21-17), Fuzzy12 (12-20-17), midnightstar (12-21-17)
Old 12-20-17, 09:02 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,750 Times in 12,016 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

psycho

Neither my daughter or I are good at having friends to hang out with. We
pretty much depend on each other. We don't spend a lot of time together,
but occasionally go out to eat, or sit and chat for an hour. It's too bad you
and your dad don't get along well enough to spend much time together.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (12-20-17), midnightstar (12-21-17), psychopathetic (12-20-17)
Old 12-20-17, 10:34 PM

Thanked 29,949 Times in 13,827 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
No one's really reached out to me since my mom has passed.

I mean...it's my fault really. I'm a 'person avoider" where I go out of my way to avoid people...including my external family. I think a lot of it has to do with shame (with me being such a good for nothing loser in life)...so I go out of my way to avoid where possible (it helps I live in a town with almost no external family).

I'm also not a person who has friends. I do...but we only get together maybe once or twice a year anymore.
Again...this is my fault. I don't seek out friendships, and when I do find people I really like, I have a HELL of a time staying consistent with them (or not floating off on them for months at a time /sigh).

I do have my dad who lives in the same town as me and we still stay in contact daily and do quite a lot with.
And the guys I do call friends reached out to me several times letting me know they're there for me to hang out with if ever I need.

But I don't know.
It's the holidays and no one's checked up on me. None of my grandparents or aunts or uncles. No presents (which is fine! I don't really celebrate anymore) no letters or anything.
No phone calls at the very least.

Just makes me wonder. Kinda makes me sad.
But then I remember...this is my own fault. I deserve what I get.
You deserve every thing good. I'm not a people person either and yeah after a while people stop reaching out to you if you don't reciprocate. Why don't you call one of your relatives? I'm sure they'd love to hear from you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (12-21-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-17, 10:36 PM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

I have an eye infection. I'm on holiday and no access to a doc. Hope hubby or fuzzling won't catch it from me. It's seriously unpleasant.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-21-17)
Old 12-20-17, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra2 View Post
I comeback after several years and it seems so many of my old friends are gone Are thre anybody still here? Idk. (((
Hey welcome back. I think i remember you. How have you been?
Old 12-21-17, 03:18 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,482 Times in 13,284 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

*Tigger knocks the phone off the side and dials psychos number and when he answers, she meows down the phone*
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (12-21-17)
Old 12-21-17, 03:20 AM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,261 Times in 8,226 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I wasn't single.

~Paulo Coelho
The Following User Says Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (12-21-17)
Old 12-21-17, 04:14 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Thanked 1,231 Times in 520 Posts
WhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud of

Codependency sucks really really bad. It's the worst. It can go rot in hell.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-21-17), psychopathetic (12-21-17)
Old 12-21-17, 07:21 PM

I can't believe how ill I am these days. Ever since fuzzling has joined nursery I've had a cold. I've had the flu. Now I've got a bad cough with my cold and I've got a nasty eye infection though that hopefully has got nothing to do with fuzzling.

I used to pride myself on my immune system but it seems like actually I just wasn't exposed to any germs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (12-22-17), psychopathetic (12-22-17)
Old 12-21-17, 08:47 PM

Thanked 25,750 Times in 12,016 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

All those pies on sale this time of year ... good thing I didn't buy one today.

The pasta-broccoli salad I bought to serve for dinner with bbq is pretty well
empty.

Yes, pasta is carbs that my diabetic granddaughter doesn't need, but last time
I bought a pie she Ate The Whole Thing.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 12-22-17, 12:49 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
I can't believe how ill I am these days. Ever since fuzzling has joined nursery I've had a cold. I've had the flu. Now I've got a bad cough with my cold and I've got a nasty eye infection though that hopefully has got nothing to do with fuzzling.

I used to pride myself on my immune system but it seems like actually I just wasn't exposed to any germs.

Awww, I'm sorry Fuzz Fuzz. I didn't know you were sick.

I pride myself on my immune system. I too hardly ever get sick, and when I do it only typically lasts just a couple of days.

I'll have to make it a point in life not to have a child so I don't end up like you and messing my awesome immune system up!

Is hubzzters much good at taking care of you when you're sick? You should TOTALLY talk him into a back rub tonight!

(((((((FUZZY)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 12-22-17, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
All those pies on sale this time of year ... good thing I didn't buy one today.

The pasta-broccoli salad I bought to serve for dinner with bbq is pretty well
empty.

Yes, pasta is carbs that my diabetic granddaughter doesn't need, but last time
I bought a pie she Ate The Whole Thing.
Wait...hold on...

/there's one.../and another.../ewww look at how big that one is......

Sorry! I'm just a little preoccupied with scraping out all these gross green things in this otherwise perfectly fine pasta!

/sigh...I a pretty selfish eater. I was always finishing things off at my parent's house. The last of the cottage cheese, or the last couple of eggs, last cup of milk, or last bit of cereal in the box.
They never mentioned anything to me...it's just the way it was at my parents...you ate what you wanted, when you wanted...if there was anything in particular you didn't want anyone to eat, we'd just let each other know...but sometimes I'd feel bad for them (especially my dad) cause they'd go to grab something to snack on...and it's something I had just finished up earlier that day or something lol .

(((((((Lunsy)))))))

How old is your granddaughter? Me and my dad have bad control issues like that too. You leave a pie in front of us...and that pie WILL be gone by the morning! lol
My mom had issues too...but at least the pie would last 2 or 3 days, instead of just 1!
She was the kind of person who could open a regular size package of M&M's...and still be snacking on them 1 or 2 at a time a week later. Never made no sense to me how she was able to do so! Why have 1 delicious M&M...when you can have a whole mouthful!?

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (12-22-17)
Old 12-22-17, 04:54 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,049 Times in 14,823 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

So I fell down the stairs this morning. Slippery slippers, carrying my phone, the laptop and a dangling mouse. Super loud and scared my husband. I think I ok but the way I fell was the right foot was stepping down while the left was still on the step above it so when I feel the left sort of dragged down on the top of the foot. I wouldnt normally worry but I broke some small bones in my hands once simply by running them into a wall and I had no swelling and no bruising and the pain was manageable. I felt a little clicking which is why I went to the ER. Across the top of my left foot where the big toe and other toes are (the meaty part below the toes) its sore and feels funny sort of like when I broke my hand. But not awful and I certainly do not want to pay for an urgent care visit if I dont need one. No bruising and I dont think swelling but I suck at telling that anyway. When I walk on the ball of my foot I can feel it there. Am I overreacting? And yes, I know all you loveys(esp Senor E hug) will tell me to get it checked but has anyone broken bones in their foot and had it feel and act this way?

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-22-17), psychopathetic (12-22-17), stef (12-22-17)
Old 12-22-17, 09:51 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,482 Times in 13,284 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Oh crap sarah i hope you are okay, please get it checked

i broke my finger once, thats the only bone i ever broke. Never got it checked but for a long time it clicked all the time. I dont remember it ever hurting.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (12-22-17), stef (12-22-17)
Old 12-22-17, 01:43 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,926 Times in 13,080 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

ARRGGHHH this day at work! my whole afternoon exploded.

Yes, the Friday before Christmas is just such a brilliant time to organize an emergency meeting for next week.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-22-17), Little Missy (12-22-17), psychopathetic (12-22-17)
Closed Thread