ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-17, 02:18 AM
Contributor

Emre22 is a jewel in the roughEmre22 is a jewel in the roughEmre22 is a jewel in the rough
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part IV

Drinking my coffee and playing counter strike global offensive
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (12-31-17)
Old 12-31-17, 02:40 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,365 Times in 7,150 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

(((Anons)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

Old 12-31-17, 03:28 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,544 Times in 6,492 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouslyadd View Post
What is it that I need to do in order to implement what I want to implement? How can I place my opinion, in matters of caring for myself, above everyone else's opinion?
It's not about what you need to do...it's about what you need to stop doing.

Cheers,
Ian
anonymouslyadd (12-31-17), Little Missy (12-31-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-17, 03:46 AM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,253 Times in 8,220 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
It's not about what you need to do...it's about what you need to stop doing.

Cheers,
Ian
What do I need to stop doing?

~Paulo Coelho
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-31-17), Little Missy (12-31-17)
Old 12-31-17, 05:15 AM

Thanked 14,544 Times in 6,492 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouslyadd View Post
What do I need to stop doing?
Relinquishing your agency and autonomy.

Viewing a part of yourself as other, and not part of your person, under your control.

Thinking the locus of your power is outside yourself.

Cheers,
Ian
anonymouslyadd (12-31-17), Fuzzy12 (12-31-17), Little Missy (12-31-17), midnightstar (12-31-17)
Old 12-31-17, 06:17 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

My dad's going to die. I mean...maybe not. But maybe.
Don't we all though?

Been up in the ER room with him for the past few hours. He does this every month or so...where he works himself into worrying that he's having another heart attack, so goes up to see the doctors to make sure.
Of course he never follows through for long with what they tell him.

Yet again they did a ton of tests and scans on him tonight. Everything is in the clear. They'd love to keep him for a day or 2 to keep a good eye on him and run some other tests...but as always he refused.

He's been tough to be around too...cause he's been going on and on lately about how no one loves him, and how he's got no one, and how hard life is for him, and how difficult work is...and on and on...and that kind of pi** poor attitude always bugs the heck out of me. Drains me of ANY positive vibes I may have going immediately. Leaves me on edge and angry.

And I don't know what to do. I feel like he expects me to walk into his life and somehow become his hero. Be a super friend to him, make him happy, help him get his sh*t together...etc. etc.
But I can't guys "(. I can't even get the basics in life done for myself right now...i can't even care for my own self, let alone try to care for such a broken person as my dad.

The only thing the doctor told my dad is that his heart is becoming very large. And it's not like with athletes...where big muscles mean good things like extra strength and stamina. It means my dad's heart it going to continue to weaken, and eventually fail to pump well enough.

I'm just talking.
Bleh.
I wish talking helped. I wish talking about my mom helped. It really doesn't do a lot.
Who knows...my dad could well be around for awhile yet.
But he might not be.
...I was more prepared to lose my dad in life then I was my mother...but I don't know how long I can go without either of them.
I rely too much on them dam it.

I'm gonna stop talking now. I'm just bored I guess?

(((((((MOM)))))))

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (12-31-17), Fuzzy12 (12-31-17), Lunacie (12-31-17), midnightstar (12-31-17)
Old 12-31-17, 07:17 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,451 Times in 14,479 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Psycho- I know how much you love your Dad, and how much you loved your mom. I wish you were in the position to get some help with things. Its a lot for one person to handle at least emotionally and I fear than when its just you after awhile you will feel you lost out on things, only because you were being a good son.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (12-31-17), Lunacie (12-31-17), midnightstar (12-31-17), psychopathetic (12-31-17), stef (12-31-17)
Old 12-31-17, 08:39 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,025 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

*sends psycho the much desired by everyone "Best Son Award" which I just made up*
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (12-31-17)
Old 12-31-17, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
*sends psycho the much desired by everyone "Best Son Award" which I just made up*
Thanks Midsy...but you spelt it wrong. Let me fix it!

Quote:
*sends psycho the much desired by everyone "Should Be Better Son Award" which I just made up*
Now that's the kind of award I deserve! That's what should be written on my tombstone lol...

"Should've Been Better"

(((((((MOM)))))))

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (12-31-17)
Old 12-31-17, 12:45 PM

Thanked 25,452 Times in 11,837 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Thanks Midsy...but you spelt it wrong. Let me fix it!

Now that's the kind of award I deserve! That's what should be written on my tombstone lol...

"Should've Been Better"
If there was ever a word that doesn't belong in our dictionary, it's "should."

It implies judgement and criticism from others and has nothing to do with what
we need to do to take care of ourselves. It's probably the leading cause of low
self esteem. I vote we eradicate that word from our memories right now!

What word?

I dunno, just one of those things that's on the tip of your tongue and then it's gone ...

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-31-17), midnightstar (12-31-17), psychopathetic (12-31-17), stef (12-31-17)
Old 12-31-17, 02:30 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,350 Times in 781 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
If there was ever a word that doesn't belong in our dictionary, it's "should."

It implies judgement and criticism from others and has nothing to do with what
we need to do to take care of ourselves. It's probably the leading cause of low
self esteem. I vote we eradicate that word from our memories right now!

What word?

I dunno, just one of those things that's on the tip of your tongue and then it's gone ...
Insightful. That should work well.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-31-17), Little Missy (01-01-18), midnightstar (12-31-17), psychopathetic (01-01-18), stef (12-31-17)
Old 12-31-17, 02:44 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,253 Times in 8,220 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
Relinquishing your agency and autonomy.

Viewing a part of yourself as other, and not part of your person, under your control.

Thinking the locus of your power is outside yourself.

Cheers,
Ian
Can anyone add to what Aeon said? I think I understand, but need more information.

~Paulo Coelho
Old 12-31-17, 03:46 PM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

So on a facebook group I sometimes visit, I asked a question about switching cat food brands and made it clear I don't want the response "feed raw food it's the best thing for them" etc because of Ebony's vommitting issues and also I can't get raw pet food here.

Someone starts pushing raw food even though I made it clear I didn't want that response and explained why.

Old 12-31-17, 05:26 PM

Thanked 21,170 Times in 11,327 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So on a facebook group I sometimes visit, I asked a question about switching cat food brands and made it clear I don't want the response "feed raw food it's the best thing for them" etc because of Ebony's vommitting issues and also I can't get raw pet food here.

Someone starts pushing raw food even though I made it clear I didn't want that response and explained why.
You can make your own. What a chore. Or, give the Laxatone a try.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-31-17), midnightstar (12-31-17)
Old 12-31-17, 05:29 PM

And even more things to worry about, ferretface ex is bothering me yet again.

Tigger, can you go bite ferretface for me? Hard?

Closed Thread