ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-18, 08:43 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,010 Times in 2,065 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
Thereís a certain type of NT, usually of the Myers-Briggs type ESTJ, who will take the perspective of ďthis is the proper way to do it, and why arenít you doing it that way/why canít you do it that way?"
That is THE type I have the worst problems with. Don't suppose anything can be done?
The Following User Says Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-01-18)
Old 02-28-18, 09:26 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,629 Times in 15,110 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Why???
She was sexing up all the 80 year olds.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (02-28-18)
Old 02-28-18, 09:28 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,392 Times in 7,662 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
She was sexing up all the 80 year olds.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-18, 10:12 PM

Thanked 21,519 Times in 11,543 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Why???
Because I call them out on their lies. The lies they make their help say.

The 5 million dollar kitchen they built to serve pre-made Sysco food. There is no food prepared on the premises. It is an expensive unused ruse.

Using the money from a HUGE foundation family after they died to do what they want with it and use volunteers while they get giant raises and pack their pensions.

The dietician who made them quit giving the seniors dessert, seniors need carbs the MOST. Sometimes that is all they'll eat. But now they can buy it for extra$$ if it doesn't sell they quarter it up and give it hard and crusty to them.

They have three soups a day but no longer deliver them-"too much trouble"- old people want that soup but can't have it anymore unless they go in person.

Bath ladies who never show up but they bill you regardless. That never actually give a bath. It's a 10 minute Tasmanian Devil spin dry. You should see the look on LOL's face when she shakily walks out all wet with a fresh outfit stretched onto her.

I could go on and on.

It's okay, I'm going to show up for their weekly luncheon/meeting for the help. In person.

"Well, hellloooooooo!"

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (03-02-18), aeon (03-01-18), FlipperTheWhale (03-01-18), Lunacie (02-28-18), stef (03-01-18)
Old 02-28-18, 10:22 PM

Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
That is THE type I have the worst problems with. Don't suppose anything can be done?
Tell them just because you do it differently does not necessarily make it wrong.

Be careful though, I've pulled that a few times and either they shut up or they go ape-**** over it.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (03-02-18), aeon (03-01-18), psychopathetic (02-28-18), stef (03-02-18)
Old 03-01-18, 11:58 AM

lntense is on a distinguished road

That my doc switched me over to vyvanse..but kept the dose the same as my XR dose. lol
Old 03-01-18, 10:04 PM

Monox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura aboutMonox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura about

That my co-workers (especially the girls) keep telling me to behave normally and not be too sensitive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monox D. I-Fly For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-01-18), stef (03-02-18)
Old 03-01-18, 10:20 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,392 Times in 7,662 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monox D. I-Fly View Post
That my co-workers (especially the girls) keep telling me to behave normally and not be too sensitive.
Bah...that sucks bad. I hate that crap...grew up with this kind of attitude from my damn dad.
I especially hate the whole "stop being so sensitive" crap. It's so frustrating. It's like they just completely shut you down and dismiss you. They mine as well be giving you the middle finger and telling you to go f*** off and stop being a cry baby.

(((((((Mono)))))))

I'm sorry you have to work with such people. Work is hard enough...but then having to work with sucky co-workers?
Bah.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-01-18), stef (03-02-18)
Old 03-01-18, 10:28 PM

Thanked 26,086 Times in 12,173 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monox D. I-Fly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Bah...that sucks bad. I hate that crap...grew up with this kind of attitude from my damn dad.
I especially hate the whole "stop being so sensitive" crap. It's so frustrating. It's like they just completely shut you down and dismiss you. They mine as well be giving you the middle finger and telling you to go f*** off and stop being a cry baby.

(((((((Mono)))))))

I'm sorry you have to work with such people. Work is hard enough...but then having to work with sucky co-workers?
Bah.
Yep, that was my dad too, and then my husband. It's so invalidating when
everything is dismissed because it's too emotional. Like emotions aren't real,
or there's no reason for the emotions ... even if they are a bit over the top.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (03-02-18), stef (03-02-18)
Old 03-02-18, 01:53 AM

Monox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura aboutMonox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post

(((((((Mono)))))))

Bah.
Don't worry. I've survived worse hell than this. Compared to the old co-workers in my old workplace, they are relatively tame, just more blatant.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monox D. I-Fly For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (03-02-18), stef (03-02-18)
Old 03-02-18, 04:41 AM

Thanked 4,010 Times in 2,065 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Tell them just because you do it differently does not necessarily make it wrong.

Be careful though, I've pulled that a few times and either they shut up or they go ape-**** over it.
Yeah, tried, they don't seem to get it and stick to their guns. Not sure how they didn't get it as it seemed obvious to me but most do not change their minds.

Only one thing ever worked for me. Calling out discrimination. Which is like taking a sledge hammer to a tiny nail if the situation isn't too severe (though thr situations adds up).

Last edited by acdc01; 03-02-18 at 04:56 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-02-18), stef (03-02-18)
Old 03-02-18, 09:56 AM

Well, I thought it was over.

Monster storm warning, 8-12 inches through Sunday.

Blowing and drifting and hell hath no fury-ish.

Good thing the other chick will be there.

Sounds kinda mean of me

Dogs today and I am SO happy. Then, all is hers.

It is NEVER this bad here. Oh well, it is now!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-02-18), psychopathetic (03-02-18), stef (03-02-18)
Old 03-02-18, 11:24 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,844 Times in 13,504 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

My heart is broke completely, it'll never heal from the feeling of this
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (03-02-18)
Old 03-02-18, 11:44 AM

Thanked 26,086 Times in 12,173 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Well, I thought it was over.

Monster storm warning, 8-12 inches through Sunday.

Blowing and drifting and hell hath no fury-ish.

Good thing the other chick will be there.

Sounds kinda mean of me

Dogs today and I am SO happy. Then, all is hers.

It is NEVER this bad here. Oh well, it is now!
Crikey! I haven't seen a blizzard like that since 1971. We were buried for three
days. My dad finally braved the waist deep snow drifts to walk 4 blocks to his
tractor repair business and start up the biggest tractor on the lot. He used it
break a path for the snow plows because it was too deep for them.

After breaking a path down the highway and then down our street to the
hospital he took me to work at the cafe out on the highway where they'd
been stuck for 3 days, sleeping on the floor at night and cooking for the
people who were stranded in the motel next door during the day.

I remember a blizzard in 1957 that may have been worse, but I was only six
so I only remember the amazing drift from the roof our garage.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-18, 02:12 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,629 Times in 15,110 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Yep, that was my dad too, and then my husband. It's so invalidating when
everything is dismissed because it's too emotional. Like emotions aren't real,
or there's no reason for the emotions ... even if they are a bit over the top.
Add having a mental illness into the mix and we are less believable then we are as "just" women.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread