ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-17, 03:53 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,773 Times in 1,934 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
I said no, and that I was just sitting in my car, eating my lunch and singing along with a couple of songs, practicing.
That could be me lol. Are you in a band? Also, do you really close your eyes? Just didn't sound too safe.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-07-17), midnightstar (10-07-17), stef (10-07-17)
Old 10-07-17, 04:29 PM

Thanked 14,544 Times in 6,492 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
That could be me lol. Are you in a band? Also, do you really close your eyes? Just didn't sound too safe.
Haha, yes I close my eyes, but I was parked.

And no, I am not in a band, I just do it for enjoyment, the love of music, and because it is, for me, a very potent antidepressant and mood brightener.

Cheers,
Ian
acdc01 (10-07-17), Little Missy (10-07-17), midnightstar (10-07-17), stef (10-07-17)
Old 10-07-17, 06:17 PM

Thanked 21,170 Times in 11,327 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
Safe for aeon or the people around him listening to him?

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-07-17), aeon (10-07-17), stef (10-07-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-17, 07:16 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,025 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I should be asleep but struggling to get to sleep. Its after midnight now.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-07-17)
Old 10-07-17, 07:39 PM

Thanked 29,577 Times in 13,638 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes I feel homesick for India, well, the city I lived in. I generally consider this to be my home now and most of the time I don't want to live there again but sometimes I get this longing to be back there. This strange pang. I'm not sure though if it's the place I miss or the time. Maybe I just .miss being young and carefree and having all doors still open for me.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-07-17), aeon (10-07-17), Little Missy (10-07-17), midnightstar (10-08-17), stef (10-08-17)
Old 10-07-17, 08:54 PM

aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Sometimes I feel homesick for India, well, the city I lived in. I generally consider this to be my home now and most of the time I don't want to live there again but sometimes I get this longing to be back there. This strange pang. I'm not sure though if it's the place I miss or the time. Maybe I just .miss being young and carefree and having all doors still open for me.

This got me thinking about times and places past from a perspective I don't usually take. It's a wistful reminiscing that is, for me, the emotional equivalent of a chilly and quiet autumnal evening with the smell of a fire, somewhere.

Blesséd Be,
Ian
Fuzzy12 (10-08-17), Little Missy (10-07-17), stef (10-08-17)
Old 10-07-17, 09:01 PM

Dex, or no Dex, I pulled a classic (for me) ADHD move.

Only when I got home did I realize that I focused so closely on the food that I forgot about the need for shampoo, soap, and toilet paper.

I guess I'll be back out tomorrow to make a quick run for those things...and damnit, more light roast coffee beans too.

What should I expect when winging it without a list and gabbing with people?

Oh well, I had fun nonetheless.

Cheers,
Ian
Greyhound1 (10-07-17), Little Missy (10-07-17), stef (10-08-17), WhiteOwl (10-08-17)
Old 10-07-17, 11:31 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 14,467 Times in 6,939 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

It's 82 degrees right now with a heat index of 92. Thank god for a.c. Oh, and electricity.

Damn the power bill!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-08-17), Little Missy (10-08-17), Lunacie (10-08-17), stef (10-08-17), WhiteOwl (10-08-17)
Old 10-08-17, 01:18 AM

I was using an online tool to test/discover what my vocal range is. Turns out it is F2-F5.

That's what I can sing comfortably at least. The test had me sing descending pitches and F2 was the lowest good, comfortable note. The next two half-steps down I could sing, but with difficulty, and I warbled. One more half-step down triggered an explosive coughing fit that eventually had me gasping for air and lightheaded.

On the high end, I can do F5 comfortably, if with decided effort, but the moment I tried following the tool a half-step higher I felt this searing, piercing pain in my voicebox, and it ached for 5 minutes afterward. I sound okay, no different, but it feels different now, just a dull ache, and for some reason it feels good to swallow, so I have been.

Yep, staying up late, goofing off on the Internet again.

Cheers,
Ian
Greyhound1 (10-08-17), Little Missy (10-08-17), stef (10-08-17)
Old 10-08-17, 01:37 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,885 Times in 13,056 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I understand
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-08-17), Fuzzy12 (10-08-17), Little Missy (10-08-17), midnightstar (10-08-17)
Old 10-08-17, 08:35 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,025 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
FuzzyWuzzy
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (10-08-17)
Old 10-08-17, 08:40 AM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,347 Times in 708 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

When you had to learn the hard way in order to realize respecting people's personal time and space is the only way to keep a healthy friendship.

Boundaries.. one of the basic lessons I'm learning after being a social hermit for so long

Having ocd makes me feel awkward around certain people, like say tall skinny blond guys... enough said

Last edited by TurtleBrain; 10-08-17 at 09:10 AM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TurtleBrain For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-08-17), Fuzzy12 (10-08-17), midnightstar (10-08-17), stef (10-08-17), WhiteOwl (10-08-17)
Old 10-08-17, 11:16 AM
Minecraft Mod-rater

TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

Ironically (referring to my previous post), my ex-crush's brother is a tall skinny blond guy... awkward... If you guessed the ocd i have is "gay ocd", then you guessed right. I have these intrusive unpleasant thoughts of being cuddled... *shudders*... being hyper-vigilant whenever he draws close seems to be my checking behavior... it's like "uh oh, not too close, stay back, out of my bubble!", even though he's never invades my space at all, it's just all in my head.. lol

I also have a fear of girls, but feelings will still happen. Since I'm straight, such feelings don't happen with guys.

Last edited by TurtleBrain; 10-08-17 at 11:42 AM..
Old 10-08-17, 11:47 AM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBrain View Post
I also have a fear of girls, but feelings will still happen. Since I'm straight, such feelings don't happen with guys.
edit: 30 minutes later realized what I meant to say: I also have a fear of girls, but if I have a crush on one, it might motivate me to send annoying messages. Since I'm straight, that problem doesn't happen with guys, not even skinny blonde ones.. lol. If anything, I avoid contact like the plague, but I don't make it too obvious though. If a blonde wants to greet me, I'd greet back only to be nice, but inside my head I'm thinking "...awkward".

Last edited by TurtleBrain; 10-08-17 at 12:11 PM..
Old 10-08-17, 12:48 PM

Thanked 25,452 Times in 11,837 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

... missing peripatetic.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (10-08-17), peripatetic (10-09-17)
Closed Thread