ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-17, 04:55 PM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,347 Times in 708 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part IV

When you feel like you're digging a deeper hole for yourself by saying dumb things
Old 10-08-17, 06:42 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,752 Times in 2,462 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

My bad luck again. I've met a very interesting, attractive girl tonight and it's clear she's into me, but she is clean for just three weeks into recovery, which is a major red flag. Before recovery hot girls weren't into me and now recently I've had to reject multiple because of major red flags. It's unfair and I think I might just go for it. I've worked hard and I deserve something good every once in a while.
Old 10-08-17, 07:29 PM

Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

Might just give up on sexual sobriety. The harder you work, the less fun you are allowed to have. What is the point of sobriety if the only 'reward' is increased miserability?
Old 10-09-17, 09:53 AM

Thanked 26,075 Times in 12,165 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Woke up with a bad headache this morning. Got online for weather reports and
sure enough, I'm smack dab in the area that is likely to get severe storms and
possibly tornadoes starting early this afternoon as a cold front pushes through.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-09-17)
Old 10-09-17, 10:28 AM

Thanked 14,556 Times in 6,500 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
I've worked hard and I deserve something good every once in a while.
No one and no thing deserves anything until one makes a subjective value judgement of the person or thing in question and then projects that value onto the person or thing in question.

Which is not to say one way or another that you deserve anything or not.

I said what I said to demonstrate that a judgement of deservedness is its own thing, and isn’t implicitly tied to other criteria, like working hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
Might just give up on sexual sobriety. The harder you work, the less fun you are allowed to have. What is the point of sobriety if the only 'reward' is increased miserability?
The point is that you forego short-term fun such that your resources are directed toward the development of skills, the learning of new ways to live, and growth toward goals that nourish and sustain you in the long term.

It’s your recovery. I’m sure you will make the right choice for yourself given your stage of development. Just remember that in this case, you willingly involve another person in your choice.

Well Wishes,
Ian
Hermus (10-09-17), Little Missy (10-09-17), stef (10-09-17), WhiteOwl (10-09-17)
Old 10-09-17, 11:39 AM

Me at my worst. Decided to not take up contact with her, but then she texted about tonight and not going out anymore. Then the game was on for me again and I tried to get with her. Maybe something will be happening tomorrow night, but it's not certain and I really shouldn't.
Old 10-09-17, 01:11 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Thanked 1,231 Times in 520 Posts
WhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud of

This is my third day on Lexapro and I've been getting these intermittent mild twinges of pain where my heart is. I wouldn't even call it pain, just an ache and it's very brief. But it worries me a little and I'm already convinced this med is going to kill me, so I guess I will call the Dr. and see what she says.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-09-17)
Old 10-09-17, 01:59 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOwl View Post
This is my third day on Lexapro and I've been getting these intermittent mild twinges of pain where my heart is. I wouldn't even call it pain, just an ache and it's very brief. But it worries me a little and I'm already convinced this med is going to kill me, so I guess I will call the Dr. and see what she says.
Chest pain on Lexapro is uncommon, but not impossible. Good idea to check
with the doctor.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-09-17), stef (10-09-17), WhiteOwl (10-09-17)
Old 10-09-17, 02:30 PM

Thanked 14,556 Times in 6,500 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

My stomach is a little upset, and in general I just feel kinda blah today.

Just took more Dex, may it see me through until the end of the day.

Cheers,
Ian
stef (10-09-17)
Old 10-09-17, 02:40 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,816 Times in 13,482 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm longing for something that I'll never get.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
stef (10-09-17), WhiteOwl (10-09-17)
Old 10-09-17, 03:03 PM

Thanked 34,094 Times in 15,436 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Luna xx

I have my next dental thing today. Two crowns. Slightly panicked but trying to focus on my small girl.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (10-09-17), midnightstar (10-09-17), stef (10-09-17)
Old 10-09-17, 03:20 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,816 Times in 13,482 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
Hey Luna xx

I have my next dental thing today. Two crowns. Slightly panicked but trying to focus on my small girl.
Good luck peri
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (10-09-17)
Old 10-09-17, 03:55 PM
Contributor

Adenosine has a spectacular aura aboutAdenosine has a spectacular aura about

I should be writing an essay now, but this online public speaking class distracts me from all else. Wish I'd never taken it.
Old 10-09-17, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
Hey Luna xx

Hey peri! So much dental work. I'm sure you'll have the greatest smile when
you're all done. I'm trying to get up the courage to find a dentist myself. It's
tricky trying to find a place that's perfume and air-freshener free.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (10-09-17), peripatetic (10-09-17)
Old 10-09-17, 05:49 PM

Thanked 27,107 Times in 13,165 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

fell asleep again
disappointed
goodnight everyone
Closed Thread