ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-17, 08:03 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 19,291 Times in 10,254 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part IV

Oh God, like I need THIS.

Furnace filter changing day.

All I have to do is dust. WHY would I start dusting at this age when I've never had to dust in my life??!!

I flopped around with half a dozen swiffers lalala, DONE.

I really didn't but there are half a dozen swiffers in the garbage. Sort of done.

Ugh. PT hand day. The Ring Will Not Go On.

Housekeeper day at LOL's. With the dogs. Using MY money because no one else can remember to bring LOL money to pay her. I get reimbursed, but its THE POINT.

LOL was crying yesterday because she HATES the chick that only looks at her phone for 7 hours a day. It hurts me. She orders pizza but not the kind LOL likes. WTH????!!! LOL has to TELL her to let the dogs out.

So I ordered her favourite pizza last night and gingerly gnawed at a slice so salty it burns my tongue, but it made her SO happy.

I am the only person who cares.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969

Last edited by Little Missy; 10-24-17 at 08:15 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-24-17), stef (10-24-17)
Old 10-24-17, 08:14 AM

Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

And why am I always The Culprit of their dogs getting fat? I do NOT feed their dogs. They came in the door fat. The Little Guy was stuck under the bed last week.

This is the best part. The chick - the other one was fired - is "there so I can go see my daughter" how very thoughtful of them. But NO ONE asked me what days I need to do it in order to plan around Miss R's year 'round last semester before graduation for her NP. It is a big deal. The chick gets to choose her own days and writes them in on the calendar whenever she wants.

When May gets here, there is going to be a big whoo-haa over me going, the ONLY days I've ever asked off for over three years now. And I don't even know what days they are yet.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-24-17), Fuzzy12 (10-24-17), Lunacie (10-24-17), stef (10-24-17)
Old 10-24-17, 08:36 AM

Thanked 27,766 Times in 12,835 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
And why am I always The Culprit of their dogs getting fat? I do NOT feed their dogs. They came in the door fat. The Little Guy was stuck under the bed last week.

This is the best part. The chick - the other one was fired - is "there so I can go see my daughter" how very thoughtful of them. But NO ONE asked me what days I need to do it in order to plan around Miss R's year 'round last semester before graduation for her NP. It is a big deal. The chick gets to choose her own days and writes them in on the calendar whenever she wants.

When May gets here, there is going to be a big whoo-haa over me going, the ONLY days I've ever asked off for over three years now. And I don't even know what days they are yet.
In always so curious about miss R or mister missy so I loved reading this. I'm sorry they are giving you a tough time though. You shouldn't bw forced to take holidays when you dont need them rathwr when you do need them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-24-17), Little Missy (10-24-17), stef (10-24-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-17, 08:40 AM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

You guys wont believw this but they actually offered me the job I interviewed for yesterday as well. That interview went very well though. I was thrilled ajd felt like a brilliant genius for about 5 mins .. Till I realised that now I had to make a decision. Its supwr complicated but they won't make ke a formal offer till I decide which job to go for so I risk losing both if i dont decide fast.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-24-17), Little Missy (10-24-17), Lunacie (10-24-17), psychopathetic (10-24-17), stef (10-24-17)
Old 10-24-17, 08:54 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,008 Times in 11,653 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, Fuzzy which job would make you happier?
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (10-24-17)
Old 10-24-17, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
In always so curious about miss R or mister missy so I loved reading this. I'm sorry they are giving you a tough time though. You shouldn't bw forced to take holidays when you dont need them rathwr when you do need them.
I'm always curious about Daddy Fuzz and the parentals!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-24-17), Fuzzy12 (10-24-17)
Old 10-24-17, 08:02 PM

Very rarely everything seems just fine. But sometimes it happens. And then a little thing goes wrong or not as expected. An aside that reminds me that not everything is good. That some things still are **** And that I'm still the same old idiot I've always been. And it ruins everything. And without the ability to regulate my emotions I can't stop it from ruining everything. That's essentially a drama queen isn't it? Except that drama queen somehow doesn't convey how much it hurts or how much the drama that you have created sucks all your happiness out of you.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-24-17), aeon (10-24-17), Little Missy (10-24-17), psychopathetic (10-24-17)
Old 10-24-17, 10:37 PM

Thanked 23,877 Times in 11,051 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Very rarely everything seems just fine. But sometimes it happens. And then a little thing goes wrong or not as expected. An aside that reminds me that not everything is good. That some things still are **** And that I'm still the same old idiot I've always been. And it ruins everything. And without the ability to regulate my emotions I can't stop it from ruining everything. That's essentially a drama queen isn't it? Except that drama queen somehow doesn't convey how much it hurts or how much the drama that you have created sucks all your happiness out of you.
I don't think that makes you a drama queen.

I think you have a cognitive distortion.
You struggle to balance good thoughts and bad thoughts.

All-or-nothing thinking refers to thinking in extremes.
You are either a success or a failure.
Your performance was totally good or totally bad.
If you are not perfect, then you are a failure.

This binary way of thinking does not account for shades of gray, and can be
responsible for a great deal of negative evaluations of yourself and others.

Cognitive restructuring lets you recognize and restructure these distortions.

Make an effort to look for shades of gray.
Recognize that you were thrown off by one interview question,
but the rest of the interview was solid.
Look for the balance between something that didn't go well
and all the things that did go well.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-24-17), Fuzzy12 (10-25-17), stef (10-25-17), Unmanagable (10-25-17)
Old 10-25-17, 04:14 AM

Thanked 5,522 Times in 2,366 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can very much relate to this. Remember all the drama here in my first months of recovery? In the end by paying attention to ourselves and our own needs, instead of judging we may be able to grow and deal better with those emotions.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-25-17), Fuzzy12 (10-25-17), stef (10-25-17)
Old 10-25-17, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I don't think that makes you a drama queen.

I think you have a cognitive distortion.
You struggle to balance good thoughts and bad thoughts.

All-or-nothing thinking refers to thinking in extremes.
You are either a success or a failure.
Your performance was totally good or totally bad.
If you are not perfect, then you are a failure.

This binary way of thinking does not account for shades of gray, and can be
responsible for a great deal of negative evaluations of yourself and others.

Cognitive restructuring lets you recognize and restructure these distortions.

Make an effort to look for shades of gray.
Recognize that you were thrown off by one interview question,
but the rest of the interview was solid.
Look for the balance between something that didn't go well
and all the things that did go well.
Thanks. Funnily enough just yesterday hubby told me that I can only think in terks of black and white when he had a nassive argument. Though we resokved the argument once the argument was over I went absolutely mental. Everything seemed so depressing and hopeless and I was a ***** to hubby.

I was mad because I was happy about getting both jobs and then being made to have a negative incident (the argument...though it was if course both our faults). And I just could recover from that.

So yeah, pretty much exactly what you said....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-25-17), Lunacie (10-25-17), peripatetic (10-26-17), stef (10-25-17)
Old 10-25-17, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
I can very much relate to this. Remember all the drama here in my first months of recovery? In the end by paying attention to ourselves and our own needs, instead of judging we may be able to grow and deal better with those emotions.
Yes thanks. It just seems to me that when I'm overcome with negative emotions rational thought just doest seem to matter anymore. I can cry and scream or sulk knowing fully well that I'm totally in the wrong....rarher I still cant stop the xrying screaming and sulking.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-25-17), Hermus (10-25-17), peripatetic (10-26-17), stef (10-25-17), WhiteOwl (10-25-17)
Old 10-25-17, 07:52 AM

Fuzzling is in the nursery and I have to pick her up in 2 min. I had s2 much work and 3h to do it in but I did nothing. I neither prepared lunch nor dinner nor did anything else. I feel so guilty. She was crying so much when I left at least I should have made good use of the time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (10-26-17), stef (10-25-17)
Old 10-25-17, 08:14 AM

Thanked 5,522 Times in 2,366 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes thanks. It just seems to me that when I'm overcome with negative emotions rational thought just doest seem to matter anymore. I can cry and scream or sulk knowing fully well that I'm totally in the wrong....rarher I still cant stop the xrying screaming and sulking.
Almost sounds like.you're a human
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
stef (10-25-17), WhiteOwl (10-25-17)
Old 10-25-17, 08:56 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,008 Times in 11,653 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

s Fuzzy

bus stop smokers are bothering me.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
Old 10-25-17, 01:28 PM

Thanked 23,877 Times in 11,051 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks. Funnily enough just yesterday hubby told me that I can only think in terks of black and white when he had a nassive argument. Though we resokved the argument once the argument was over I went absolutely mental. Everything seemed so depressing and hopeless and I was a ***** to hubby.

I was mad because I was happy about getting both jobs and then being made to have a negative incident (the argument...though it was if course both our faults). And I just could recover from that.

So yeah, pretty much exactly what you said....
Quote:
That info comes from CBT, which I found helpful.

But I'm not sure it would have been very helpful if I wasn't already taking
meds for anxiety.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-25-17), peripatetic (10-26-17)