ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-17, 10:17 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 23,876 Times in 11,051 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
Actually it makes me anxious to drive below the speed limit, especially on the highway. Looking in the rearview mirror and having a car coming at you from behind with high speed, terrifying!
I still struggle with wanting to go the exact speed limit, but am getting better
at simply keeping moving with the other traffic. I absolutely hate it though
when the speed limit is 65 and other drivers are going 75. Too much.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-06-17), Hermus (11-06-17), stef (11-06-17)
Old 11-06-17, 10:35 AM

Thanked 19,288 Times in 10,253 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

I may as well just go and pick up distilled water and bananas because whats-her-butt sure hasn't thought of actually buying what will be needed on her whole two days of staring at her phone and eating all of LOL's food.

She is however, able to go and buy the pizza only she likes while LOL sits there with nothing.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-06-17)
Old 11-06-17, 11:36 AM

Thanked 12,604 Times in 5,589 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure exactly why, but I was beyond achy this morning. Once I got to work, I took 1600mg of ibuprofen because I could not keep a straight face as the pain was just that sharp. If I sat still I was okay enough, but any movement was grimace time.

The ibuprofen is kicking in now, and thank goodness. Sweet relief.

Between that and the Dex, it was 14 pills to swallow. And those KVK Tech tablets are broad enough that they inevitably stick in my throat, but then again, it’s my fault for trying to throw everything down the hatch at once.

Cheers,
Ian
Little Missy (11-06-17), stef (11-06-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-17, 12:26 PM
Contributor

WhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to behold

I've lost hope that we will get a real winter in TX this year. *sigh*
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-06-17), Little Missy (11-06-17), stef (11-06-17)
Old 11-06-17, 01:52 PM

Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

She couldn't even Press A Button to wash clothing so LOL would have fresh clothing for her bath.

Don't you worry yourself none, I did ALL of the things you should have done yourself. She even gets paid for more hours to stare at her phone and then eat the cake I got for LOL.

Bath snatch came with perfume today so I highlighted it all over her turn in sheet. Take THAT.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-06-17), Fuzzy12 (11-06-17), stef (11-07-17)
Old 11-07-17, 12:39 AM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 12,891 Times in 6,202 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have so many things bothering me. I don't have the mental energy to even post about them now.

My OCD has been posting and replaying them in my head over and over and over again.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-07-17), Little Missy (11-07-17), Lunacie (11-07-17), stef (11-07-17), WhiteOwl (11-07-17)
Old 11-07-17, 02:28 AM
Contributor

WhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to behold

Another night of crying over something I'll probably never have. I feel stupid and a bunch of other things. Typed up a long vent through my tears, but don't know if I should post it and reveal how pathetic I am.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-07-17), Greyhound1 (11-07-17), Little Missy (11-07-17), Lunacie (11-07-17), stef (11-07-17)
Old 11-07-17, 06:56 AM

Thanked 27,766 Times in 12,835 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Fuzzling has lost even more weight than I had expected. The health visitor said she will visit us to see what's going on. There has to be a way to get through this. I just have to figure it out. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I must be doing something wrong. It doesn't matter. I need to figure out how to get her to eat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-07-17), Little Missy (11-07-17)
Old 11-07-17, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Fuzzling has lost even more weight than I had expected. The health visitor said she will visit us to see what's going on. There has to be a way to get through this. I just have to figure it out. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I must be doing something wrong. It doesn't matter. I need to figure out how to get her to eat.
Stop! Just stop! You aren't doing anything wrong. They all go through this around that age, barring ear infections or what have you, she will eat what she likes and give her all she likes right now and only what she likes. Eventually her tastes will change. If she screams and pushes it away, be nice and agree with her and take it away.

Feed her anything she'll eat. Literally, anything. Never mind the food groups and all of that, anything. Ice Cream, biscuits, you name it, fruit, scrambled eggs, grilled cheese sandwich, any thing she will put in her mouth and eat.

Children go through all sorts of weird stages. My parents said I wouldn't eat anything until the day my dad made chop suey and I was having a bloody fit trying to climb out of the high chair to get to their plates and they were so scared thinking I was too little for it. Nope, chop suey I ate like a hungry cement worker, somehow and I lived. Happily.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-07-17), Fuzzy12 (11-07-17), Greyhound1 (11-07-17), Lunacie (11-07-17), stef (11-07-17), WhiteOwl (11-07-17)
Old 11-07-17, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOwl View Post
Another night of crying over something I'll probably never have. I feel stupid and a bunch of other things. Typed up a long vent through my tears, but don't know if I should post it and reveal how pathetic I am.
How old are you? Sometimes the beginnings of the Big M is a massive cry fest. Tomorrow you'll have a good laugh over it all.

Post your vent if you like or rip it up. Whatever suits you.

I HAVE to take a shower and I'm digging my heels in. I don't WANT to.

I'm still mulling the 2grand speakers.

Actually, I'm a big mess.

Trouble in River City.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-07-17), Lunacie (11-07-17), WhiteOwl (11-07-17)
Old 11-07-17, 10:41 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
How old are you? Sometimes the beginnings of the Big M is a massive cry fest. Tomorrow you'll have a good laugh over it all.

Post your vent if you like or rip it up. Whatever suits you.
I'm 33, but I don't think it's that. I never have that problem. I would wonder if my meds were making me more emotional, but I'm not crying about nothing. It's a specific thing and it's been going on for a little while. I think I will post it because I genuinely want advice, but it shows my vulnerablility and I have problems with being vulnerable because of childhood abuse.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-07-17), Greyhound1 (11-07-17), stef (11-07-17)
Old 11-07-17, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOwl View Post
I'm 33, but I don't think it's that. I never have that problem. I would wonder if my meds were making me more emotional, but I'm not crying about nothing. It's a specific thing and it's been going on for a little while. I think I will post it because I genuinely want advice, but it shows my vulnerablility and I have problems with being vulnerable because of childhood abuse.
were you taking lisinopril before the Ritalin?

I only ask because BP meds and dex or Adderall makes me want to put a bullet through my head.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-07-17), stef (11-07-17)
Old 11-07-17, 10:50 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
were you taking lisinopril before the Ritalin?

I only ask because BP meds and dex or Adderall makes me want to put a bullet through my head.
Yes, I've been taking Lisinopril for about 4 months.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-07-17), Little Missy (11-07-17)
Old 11-07-17, 11:03 AM

Thanked 12,604 Times in 5,589 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Woke in the middle of the night, about 2am, and was awake as awake can be.

Couldn’t fall asleep again until about 4:30.

Normal waking time...felt zombified.

Ugh,
Ian
Lunacie (11-07-17), stef (11-07-17), WhiteOwl (11-07-17)
Old 11-07-17, 11:12 AM

Thanked 31,865 Times in 14,354 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

Daylight savings time
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-07-17), stef (11-07-17)