ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-17, 12:02 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,790 Times in 8,902 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

Interesting....now I'm curious how they do their pill counts with folks who don't partake in the phone technology that enables them to send a photo within the 2 minute time frame.

My mind immediately went to wondering how in the world my elderly mom would comply with that stuff, being as how she doesn't drive or use any computers/cell phones/and such.

It seems those instances would never get to be quite as random and timely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
I just got a request from my doctor’s head nurse for a pill count.
I know these are randomized among people on Class II, III, and IV
meds as part of the mothership healthcare provider.

Interesting thing was I could dump out my meds, spread them out
if need be, and send them a photo with my phone...but it had to be
done within 2 minutes of the end of the call.

I used a spare office because I didn’t want 100+ dextroamphetamine
tablets on the front desk.

I sent my 2 photos and got a reply back that my Dex count was high,
and I was asked why I had not taken any lorazepam.

I answered the Dex was high because I took a couple of weekend days off,
and that I hadn’t taken any of the lorazepam because they were prescribed
for severe anxiety/panic attack, and I had only been, at best, moderately
anxious since, likely because the Dex keeps me calm.

I was thanked for my compliance and my quick feedback, and I was told
my doctor was pleased that I was taking my lorazepam as prescribed,
because he had some concerns given it was a new prescription in a
new class of medications.

Since my start in 2010, I have a 100% clean record on my Controlled
Substances tracker in that I have never “failed” a pill count, sought to
have a prescription filled early, doctor-shopped, or been arrested for
breaking the law in their regard.

Odd Monday Morning Task,
Ian

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-16-17), Lunacie (10-16-17), stef (10-16-17)
Old 10-16-17, 12:30 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,544 Times in 6,492 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmanagable View Post
Interesting....now I'm curious how they do their pill counts with folks who don't partake in the phone technology that enables them to send a photo within the 2 minute time frame.

My mind immediately went to wondering how in the world my elderly mom would comply with that stuff, being as how she doesn't drive or use any computers/cell phones/and such.

It seems those instances would never get to be quite as random and timely.
True...I know they still schedule in-clinic counts to coincide with scheduled appointments, and I know they do house-visit counts for those who cannot come in easily if they are on certain opioids.

I was given the option of having a count done when I come in for an appointment later this week...so I don’t think they are on a “we need to know, and we need to know NOW!” path.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following User Says Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (10-16-17)
Old 10-16-17, 02:18 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,039 Times in 13,023 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying to find pictures of tarantulas to show my brother, he's emailed me to say he thinks he's held a tarantula but he's not sure.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-16-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-17, 03:49 PM

Thanked 21,169 Times in 11,326 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
True...I know they still schedule in-clinic counts to coincide with scheduled appointments, and I know they do house-visit counts for those who cannot come in easily if they are on certain opioids.

I was given the option of having a count done when I come in for an appointment later this week...so I don’t think they are on a “we need to know, and we need to know NOW!” path.

Cheers,
Ian
huh, never happened to me. Yet.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-16-17), stef (10-16-17)
Old 10-16-17, 03:57 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,885 Times in 13,056 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

My mom would have been probably furious over a pill count of any kind.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-16-17), Fuzzy12 (10-16-17), Little Missy (10-16-17)
Old 10-16-17, 04:00 PM

Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
My mom would have been probably furious over a pill count of any kind.
Mine too. She would have said, "Forget IT!"

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
aeon (10-16-17), stef (10-16-17)
Old 10-16-17, 09:28 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Thanked 1,229 Times in 519 Posts
WhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud of

I always get a kick out of all the Texans walking around in sweaters once the weather dips into the 70s.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-16-17), Little Missy (10-17-17), Lunacie (10-17-17)
Old 10-17-17, 12:14 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,885 Times in 13,056 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOwl View Post
I always get a kick out of all the Texans walking around in sweaters once the weather dips into the 70s.
I'm from the midwest and it makes me laugh, to see the french bundled up as if a blizzard was coming if it even gets near freezing
It's been unseaonably warm the past few and they persist with coat and scarf, at least in the morning,cause it's october.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-17-17), Little Missy (10-17-17), WhiteOwl (10-17-17)
Old 10-17-17, 04:29 PM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm out for the night, goodnight wonderfulliest forum

Old 10-17-17, 07:19 PM

Thanked 14,544 Times in 6,492 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

I spent an hour of extra time tonight getting things organized so I can
hit the ground running tomorrow morning. Setting myself up to succeed,
yeah, that’s the ticket!

I’ve got a major task to complete by just after lunch...and that doesn’t
count the need to do payroll, and a little bit of invoicing.

The stack of paperwork I have to process is 7/8", or 22mm tall.

Hmm...I think I will come in early so I can have the peace and quiet of
no phone calls, no interruptions, no sudden fires to put out...and of course,
the extra time on the front end.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-17-17), stef (10-18-17), WhiteOwl (10-18-17)
Old 10-17-17, 07:21 PM

I have another delightful day off.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-17-17), Hermus (10-18-17), midnightstar (10-18-17), stef (10-18-17), WhiteOwl (10-18-17)
Old 10-18-17, 03:08 AM

Thanked 5,676 Times in 2,429 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

Going to be painting my new apartment again today. I'm really starting to enjoy it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-18-17), stef (10-18-17), WhiteOwl (10-18-17)
Old 10-18-17, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOwl View Post
What is really interesting are the people wearing shorts and sneaks here when it is -20.

stef (10-18-17), WhiteOwl (10-18-17)
Old 10-18-17, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
Going to be painting my new apartment again today. I'm really starting to enjoy it.
what colour?

aeon (10-18-17), stef (10-18-17)
Old 10-18-17, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
I have another delightful day off.
Have a lovely day off, Missy

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-18-17), Little Missy (10-18-17), stef (10-18-17)