ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-18, 01:46 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 21,881 Times in 12,905 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
I never knew I loved Scotch whisky until I had been run over by an Islay peat locomotive.

Ardbeg, Laphroaig, Lagavulin, the three horsemen of sweet redemption.

Peat fire and sea spray, maritime indeed with salt and smoked kippers, kelp and iodine...Lapsang Souchong and toffee, burnt caramels and vanilla, pepper and spice, black currant and apple skins, stewed plums and chocolate, liquorice root and pear...the must of a barn and horse blankets...leather and pipe tobacco...and then comes the creosote, tar, and ash, so oily and heavy on the palate...and that medicinal quality, phenolic, like bandages and an old hospital.

On a sensory level, Islay single malt scotch whisky is one of the most pleasurable things I have ever experienced.

I also know it is not for everyone, and my description might make a person want to run away.

But a wee dram is a thing of beauty to me, well and truly.

Cheers,
Ian
*pokes the whisky to see what it does*

I can't drink alcohol, really hurts my stomach

*gets some whisky for aeon and pours it into a wine glass for him*
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
aeon (02-23-18), stef (02-23-18)
Old 02-23-18, 01:55 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,086 Times in 11,256 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

I love scotch.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (02-23-18), daveddd (02-26-18), stef (02-23-18)
Old 02-23-18, 03:50 PM

Thanked 21,086 Times in 11,256 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
I love scotch.
I never get hungover or sick from it.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (02-23-18), daveddd (02-26-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-18, 03:54 PM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I got my first ever scratch off of Ebony tonight, poorly little girl, she didn't mean it she didn't know I was there

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (02-23-18)
Old 02-23-18, 04:18 PM

Thanked 14,543 Times in 6,492 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
I never get hungover or sick from it.
Neither do I, but that’s because it’s a wee dram, and then I am done.

Plus, it seems alcohol twiddles my melon really easily, so I never drink enough to be body-poisoned anyway...even after downing four Cosmos in 40 minutes, lol.

I don’t get any more impulsive when I am lightly intoxicated on ethanol, but for sure, it makes me forget lyrics to songs like nobody’s business, so no drinking before karaoke.

And Dexedrine doesn’t mask anything for me. Even if I take Dex a couple of hours beforehand, I still feel the alcohol like always.

I don’t really change when I am buzzed, I just become “more me,” which is to say, more playful, I sing more, cry more easily, and let loose with something lighthearted and smutty a little more often.

It’s party-time in the garage at work this afternoon...let the liver damage commence. There’s some talk of firing up the grill on account of the 6" of snow we got, and the 6" we’re going to get tomorrow.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
daveddd (02-26-18), Fuzzy12 (02-23-18), stef (02-26-18)
Old 02-26-18, 05:23 PM

Squees Ebony just touched my nose with her paw <3

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (02-26-18), psychopathetic (02-26-18), stef (02-26-18)
Old 02-26-18, 05:25 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,275 Times in 7,100 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post

Awww <3 that's so cute!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
stef (02-26-18)
Old 02-26-18, 05:48 PM

Thanked 25,380 Times in 11,790 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 02-26-18, 07:00 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,159 Times in 14,292 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Its my birthday today.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 02-26-18, 07:14 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Its my birthday today.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 02-26-18, 07:15 PM
ADDvanced Member

Kaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Its my birthday today.
Happy birthday hug to you! X
Old 02-26-18, 07:17 PM

Thanked 11,192 Times in 5,466 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

chipotle is so good, like i could eat it everyday

especially when i git the munchies
aeon (02-27-18), Little Missy (02-26-18), stef (02-27-18)
Old 02-26-18, 09:51 PM

New taco shop opening in Wichita next month ... FUZZY'S !

Can't wait to try out the food. Oreo churros make me think of a treat that our
very own Fuzzy might make.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (02-27-18), stef (02-27-18)
Old 02-27-18, 12:30 PM

Thanked 14,543 Times in 6,492 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Listening to music, and in particular, singing along with music, is for me a potent antidepressant...amazing really.

But what I have also discovered is that it can relieve chronic pain.

I’m not sure how that works, and for the moment, I don’t really care. I’m just glad that it does.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (02-27-18), midnightstar (02-27-18), stef (02-27-18), Unmanagable (02-27-18)
Old 02-27-18, 04:39 PM

Thanked 29,472 Times in 13,583 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

My office mates are really nice. Very friendly and helpful. Most of them are probably 10 to 15 years younger than me. Lots of guys fresh out of uni. I was quite worried about that but I've realised that I probably get along better with younger people. They are less serious and their conversations are more up my street. A bit silly and more light hearted perhaps.

They are also all scary smart and knowledgeable. So much more than me and that puts huge pressure on me. Im Feeling pretty overwhelmed and I'm worried that they'll soon find out how ignorant I really am (I really really am compared to them. It doesn't help that I've been out of work for almost two years and remember nothing of even the stuff I used to work on).

I've got my psychiatrist spot in two weeks. I hope once I start meds the fog will lift a bit. I wonder if I'll get crippling anxiety again. What a t if they won't prescribe meds? That would be a real bummer.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (02-27-18), psychopathetic (02-27-18), stef (02-27-18)