ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-18, 03:17 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,400 Times in 15,007 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

Heard a great quote:
"You may be a tough person but I'm a crazy person. The only difference between a tough person and a crazy person is that crazy people don't give up". I dont mean to share this in an offensive way its just something I identify with.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (07-16-18), mctavish23 (08-06-18), psychopathetic (08-12-18)
Old 07-16-18, 12:00 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,985 Times in 12,126 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Heard a great quote:
"You may be a tough person but I'm a crazy person. The only difference between a tough person and a crazy person is that crazy people don't give up". I dont mean to share this in an offensive way its just something I identify with.
I think I may be both.

Some people have called me 'stubborn',
but my daughter and I know we are both 'tenacious'.

Over the years I have learned when it's smarter to let go.
But it's taken a LOT of years.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (08-06-18)
Old 08-08-18, 01:03 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,235 Times in 7,586 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I had the most beautiful dream last night!

It was of my favorite uncle and his youngest kid. This uncle is almost too good to be true...he's always active doing things, he was a lot of fun as a kid cause he was always playing basketball with me, or frisbee or taking us swimming...just a super active guy. And SUPER positive and motivating to be around. He's always "up" haha.
The one bad thing I can think about him...especially for his kids...is he's too hard of a worker. He digs himself into his work to the point where he shuts everything and everyone else out. Ended up with a divorce for it and I know his oldest resents the hell out of him. Not sure about his youngest.
At any rate...in my mind, he's one of the coolest guys I've ever known.

And in my dream I was visiting him and me him and his youngest were just chatting in his garage when he told me that he and his kid had been learning to play the guitar together.
He picked up a bass guitar and just started to play.
I didn't know what song it was at first...but it sounded amazing and he was playing flawlessly.
But then his son picked up an acoustic guitar. He's only like 4 or 5 in my dream...a real little guy.
And just immediately...my mind was BLOWN!
It was so beautiful...omg! Perfect. Spot on. And they played in such perfect tone and rhythm and speed with each other.
It was Hotel California.
Then I watched my uncles fingers...and the music seemed to fade away, and I was just memerized by his fingers! How then glided up and down the neck of his guitar and distorted in all sorts of ways and how he was bending and pushing the strings around.
It put me in a complete trance. It was just so mind blowing and beautiful to me! i could not believe what I was witnessing. And my cousin! He was so young! So small compared to the guitar.
Freaking amazing.
What a cool dream!

My uncle's fingers where just like this:

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (08-08-18), mctavish23 (08-08-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-18, 01:17 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh noes! Ear worm! I'll be hearing that song all day.

Absolutely amazing fingerwork. I can't even imagine being able to do that.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (08-08-18), psychopathetic (08-08-18)
Old 08-08-18, 03:06 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

After a long time of recovery, it is good to be here again
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (08-08-18), mctavish23 (08-08-18), peripatetic (08-09-18), psychopathetic (08-08-18)
Old 08-08-18, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre22 View Post
After a long time of recovery, it is good to be here again
Hi! Good to see you again.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (08-08-18), mctavish23 (08-08-18), peripatetic (08-09-18), psychopathetic (08-12-18)
Old 08-08-18, 10:32 PM

Thanked 10,187 Times in 3,203 Posts
mctavish23 has disabled reputation

Recent Conversation (with my long suffering wife)

Moi: "I think Flava Flav is a genius."

Wife: "Well, you've finally lost it haven't you?"

Moi: "No man. Like "Only in America."

Moi: " I mean where else could a no talent, butt-ugly crack head become a

multi-millionaire, just by jumping up and down, and going, "Yeah Boi."

Wife: Sighs. Rolls eyes.

U R Welcome
The Following User Says Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (08-08-18)
Old 08-09-18, 12:09 PM

Thanked 10,852 Times in 5,835 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I once stayed in a holiday inn tho! :-p
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (08-10-18), psychopathetic (08-12-18)
Old 08-09-18, 07:24 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Hi! Good to see you again.
Thank you so much , this is the only place where i feel that i belong, i am part of something
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (08-09-18), mctavish23 (08-10-18), peripatetic (08-09-18), psychopathetic (08-12-18), Rebelyell (08-09-18)
Old 08-09-18, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre22 View Post
Thank you so much , this is the only place where i feel that i belong, i am part of something
Yes, we've found our Tribe.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (08-10-18), mctavish23 (08-10-18), peripatetic (08-09-18), psychopathetic (08-12-18)
Old 08-12-18, 11:19 AM

Thanked 5,752 Times in 2,462 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

My life mission is fulfilled. Just bought myself the most awesome black leather rider jacket at the thrift store.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (08-12-18), psychopathetic (08-12-18)
Old 08-12-18, 01:15 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,235 Times in 7,586 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
I once stayed in a holiday inn tho! :-p

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 08-13-18, 12:31 AM

Thanked 11,265 Times in 5,503 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

Checking out the English version of “the office”

Seems good but the english accent is very hard to me to understand
Old 08-13-18, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveddd View Post
Checking out the English version of “the office”

Seems good but the english accent is very hard to me to understand
I have enough trouble without accents. Background music really confuses my ears.

I use closed captioning. Wish they had that in theaters.

Old 08-13-18, 02:03 PM
Contributor

Funky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to all

Moving to South Dakota next summer, just waiting on my son to finish his senior year and then it's bye bye Colorado and all the ridiculous stress that comes with living here these days. This will always be home, but I'm ready to get back to being happy in my daily life. Just thought I'd share. 😁
Lunacie (08-13-18)