ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > Primary & Secondary Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Primary & Secondary Education This forum is for parents to discuss issues related to their children's education and AD/HD.

Old 08-25-17, 05:16 AM

Lunamoth is a name known to allLunamoth is a name known to allLunamoth is a name known to allLunamoth is a name known to allLunamoth is a name known to allLunamoth is a name known to all
Re: 8 year old with dysgraphia

That's fantastic, you must be incredibly proud. I've been told my son will probably allowed to use a word processor in exams. I'm sure everyone will be sitting exams on computers in the near future, if only it were now!
Old 08-25-17, 08:59 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Caco3girl is a name known to allCaco3girl is a name known to allCaco3girl is a name known to allCaco3girl is a name known to allCaco3girl is a name known to allCaco3girl is a name known to allCaco3girl is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunamoth View Post
That's fantastic, you must be incredibly proud. I've been told my son will probably allowed to use a word processor in exams. I'm sure everyone will be sitting exams on computers in the near future, if only it were now!
In Georgia it IS now. However, that comes with it's own set of problems. Tests, Quizzes, HW worksheets...they are all done on computer in my sons school and he is glitching over them. Looking at a computer screen is different than on paper and it's causing issues with his grades.

Don't computer screens flicker nearly constantly but it's just so fast we can't see it? He has a much harder time on the computer.
Old 08-25-17, 09:18 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,305 Times in 6,393 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caco3girl View Post
Don't computer screens flicker nearly constantly but it's just so fast we can't see it?
That was true of CRT screens, but is not the case for current LCD displays.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following User Says Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (08-25-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-17, 10:59 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Caco3girl is a name known to allCaco3girl is a name known to allCaco3girl is a name known to allCaco3girl is a name known to allCaco3girl is a name known to allCaco3girl is a name known to allCaco3girl is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
That was true of CRT screens, but is not the case for current LCD displays.

Cheers,
Ian
Thank you...any thoughts on why computers would cause him to glitch? He can't explain it, he says paper is better, computers he just can't focus.
Old 08-25-17, 03:13 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 30,861 Times in 14,138 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caco3girl View Post
Thank you...any thoughts on why computers would cause him to glitch? He can't explain it, he says paper is better, computers he just can't focus.
For any kind of school work or tests even I always wanted paper and pens or pencils. Its easier for me to zone out looking at screens and blur everything together no matter how its laid out.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Caco3girl (08-28-17)