ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 08-24-17, 04:26 PM

Exuberantfrost is on a distinguished road
Which medication makes you feel less robotic, mechanic or emotionless?

I have to admit that I'm really not able to do without stimulants because they help me process on the complex thing's I learn at school, however they do have the unfortunate effect of numbing my emotions, make me tense, and rationel in an almost scary clinical way. I was wondering it others have felt the same way? And if you've found a way to solve it?
It's okay for a while not to be stressed with emotion, but in the long run I do miss feeling compassioned, happy etc.. These are emotions i posses, but it's as if the stimulants makes them disappear.
Old 08-24-17, 04:43 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 20,435 Times in 10,886 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which medication makes you feel less robotic, mechanic or emotionless?

What stimulants are you referring to?

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Old 08-24-17, 11:08 PM

Exuberantfrost is on a distinguished road

I feel this effect when I take Vyvanse. And to some degree Dexedrine as well.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-17, 03:01 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,409 Times in 774 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't notice it with Vyvanse but I did with Concerta. I told my psychiatrist that it made me feel depressed but strangely it felt like different type than the true depression I also have. I am now on Strattera and don't get the medication-induced depression just the true depression.
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

Old 08-25-17, 10:38 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 30,238 Times in 13,792 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

usually it has to to with too high of a dose, but in some cases too low of a dose can cause these reactions as well.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 08-29-17, 02:26 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Jenn1202 will become famous soon enough

I felt that way on Ritalin. Adderall seems to have the opposite effect. Dex doesn't make me feel any more or less robotic.
Rx: 2007-2012: Ritalin LA 30, Ritalin IR 10 X 2; 2013: Daytrana 10; Jan-Jul 2014: Ritalin IR 10mg; Aug 2014: Adderall IR 5mg; Sep 2014: Dex IR 5mg (Barr/Mal); Nov 2015: Zenzedi 5mg; 2016: off meds; Current : Zenzedi 5mg
Dx: 2004: ADHD, 2012: Hyperthyroidism, medication-induced rapid heartbeat/palpitations; 2013: Hashimoto's, PVCs/PACs; 2014: Innocent heart murmur, 2016: Roemheld syndrome and the list goes on and on..
Old 08-29-17, 06:28 AM
Contributor

Emre22 is a jewel in the roughEmre22 is a jewel in the roughEmre22 is a jewel in the rough

feeling mechanic, rational , emotionless isnt a bad thing, dont worry about it, you can't be a sociopath or psychopath if you arent born that way.

If you can look into core of situation ,you will realize that being mechanic and rational makes you less weak in many situation and you can make more beneficial decisions.

you make less mistakes ,as rational you are