ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Ritalin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ritalin (methylphenidate)

Old 12-23-16, 11:15 PM
Jr Member

Flurries is on a distinguished road
New generic Ritalin

Just picked up my prescription and it's a different pill. Now I'm getting Camber generic Ritalin. Does anyone have any experiences with this manufacturer?
Old 12-26-16, 07:06 PM
Jr Member

roberski will become famous soon enough
Re: New generic Ritalin

I just logged in for the first time in years because I have the same damned question.
Old 01-17-17, 02:16 PM

becketfranklin is on a distinguished road

My new refill by Camber is giving me strange side effects. (I actually take it for hyposomnia, not ADD.) The most alarming side effect is drowsiness. I am concerned about driving while taking the drug. I had much better efficacy with the generic ritalin by Caraco.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-17, 04:26 PM

Smith10mm is on a distinguished road

I take methylphenidate 20 mg instant release tablets and recently my Pharmacy switch to camber Pharmaceuticals. The difference in the two medications is incredibly different. Not exactly sure of the manufacturer that I was taking before but camber feels like a 5 mg pill versus a 20 mg. I talked to the pharmacy about it and got no help as they stated it has the same ingredients. My advice is to stay away from camber Pharmaceuticals methylphenidate as you will be disappointed with the performance if it's anything like what I'm experiencing. After a little research on the internet I'm not the only one that complained about cambercomma there's all kinds of issues with their generic medications
The Following User Says Thank You to Smith10mm For This Useful Post:
schleppenheimer (10-06-17)
Old 06-11-17, 04:56 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,550 Times in 13,425 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith10mm View Post
I take methylphenidate 20 mg instant release tablets and recently my Pharmacy switch to camber Pharmaceuticals. The difference in the two medications is incredibly different. Not exactly sure of the manufacturer that I was taking before but camber feels like a 5 mg pill versus a 20 mg. I talked to the pharmacy about it and got no help as they stated it has the same ingredients. My advice is to stay away from camber Pharmaceuticals methylphenidate as you will be disappointed with the performance if it's anything like what I'm experiencing. After a little research on the internet I'm not the only one that complained about cambercomma there's all kinds of issues with their generic medications
Have you tried asking if your pharmacy would consider ordering a different generic?
Even if they tell you youre crazy you could still ask.
Something like:
" hey mr pharmacist, I know its totally me and psychological but are you still able to order a different one?I know what you say is soooo true but for my own curiosity as a paying customer, is there any compromise we can try>"

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 10-06-17, 12:38 AM

schleppenheimer is on a distinguished road

We are having the same issues with Camber generic ritalin ... it's like my college-aged son isn't taking ANYTHING. What can we do about this?