ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Women with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Women with ADD/ADHD This forum is for women to discuss issues related to being a woman with AD/HD.

Old 09-25-17, 02:38 AM

Newstart2017 is on a distinguished road
Do I have Adhd

Hi Everyone,

Im new on here and have the urgency to find out whats happening inside me.
I have a Phsychologist Appointment tomorrow and was wondering if they are able to diagnose if I have Adhd?

My whole life I have noticed I been different to others. about 5 years ago I started to have a low self esteem, my life seem to slowly fall apart. I had to leave my Relationship and Job that time and settle back in again.
I always had new Ideas about my life , people and family love to follow my life stories as they seem so unreal and exciting but for me exhausting.
I work REALLY hard for goals and achievements in life, that it became unhealthy in a way of anxiety and depression. I have managed ( and still do ) a couple of Businesses which from the start I put 150 % in my position up till a burn out and quitting my job.
I tend push myself into the highest piek of anxiety and fall even harder.
because of this I seem to disappoint people over and over again.
I tend to attract dramas and problems which mostly disappoints friends and family over time as I seek help to get out of it again and come across a way I make them feel to take distance.
Beside all this I have hard times to focus on task and concentrate on conversations or daily tasks, I keep forgetting things, dropping things and easily hurt myself. This varies from time to time.
From the outside ( apart to the dramas and problems ) I appears as a happy lovely woman, I'm always friendly and kind to people and help where I can but once times come I feel lost again turn into a absolutely mess. The last 6 month have been a nightmare and very stressful. I can't make desicions on my own anymore and responsibilities seem to be extremely hard. I had to find a new family for my beloved dog as Im unable to look after him as this stressed me extremely. I breaks my heart to think about it.
I moved for work about 4 hours away from home and friends and since I feel very isolated so I suppose this may also result the intensity however Im moving back home next weekend and instead of looking forward I'm totally overwhelmed with the moving, im in a stage where I sit on the couch and don't know where to start where Its just so simple to get up and pack the boxes.
I have tried to seek help by friends and family but as this keep continuing over and over again they have given up.
The additional depression makes it hard to believe in myself and I feel so overwhelmed and confused in my mind that I could not even go to work. My Body is tied but my mind is speeding. Im doing Yoga and meditate which does help a lot since I started but it does not takes the low energy and confusion off me.
My family has been reducing contact to me as they think I'm self fish and some reactions are disappointing therefore Im lonely and have no idea how I could get here as I really would never want to hurt anyone around me but for any reason I seem to mess things up all the time. On top of this I have social anxiety however this has improved Ove the last month. I have a Life coach who is wonderful and has helped me in many ways but It doesn't seem to get me back to control my life again.
I feel ashamed with my life and how people see me and I wish I could just be normal. This is probably the worse I been. I just want to be able to control my life independently.
I have Adhd and depression in our Family therefore I been guessing it might be genetics.

Reading this extremely negative message I'm writing here is awful as I always try to be so positive but for any reason things just not having a balance in my life.

Has someone been there ??
Is this possibly Adhd?

Thanks for any messages...
The Following User Says Thank You to Newstart2017 For This Useful Post:
namazu (09-25-17)