ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Non-ADD Partner Support
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Non-ADD Partner Support This is a support forum for non-ADD partners, spouses, and significant others offering feedback from both the ADD and non-ADD perspectives

Old 11-01-17, 01:04 PM

Letcrook81 is on a distinguished road
Re: VERY playful husband/ Lazy or Disorder

my adhd partner likes to 'teach me' fight moves haha which basically amounts to rough play fight and me having to tell him off like hes a naughty child. But if he is physically hurting you then you need to tell him in a firm way - that his behaviour is unnaceptable. as soon as he starts or suggests a play fight firmly reitterate that its not okay!

In regards to cleaning and jobs around the have you tried giving him small tasks to do rather than saying - help me clean. Its such a big task to him. Try can you hoover this room then when thats dine - can you you clean these windows. Be more specific with little jobs at a time
Old 11-02-17, 05:18 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,087 Times in 822 Posts
mildadhd has disabled reputation

The play emotion feels good.

When playing does not feel good, is a good indicator that something is not right.

edit: I am wondering how much abusing medication has to do with behavior?

Have you discussed these topics your husband and/or your doctor?

M

Last edited by mildadhd; 11-02-17 at 05:32 PM..
Old 11-03-17, 04:10 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 30,856 Times in 14,136 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manyquestions20 View Post
He has been diagnosed every since he was a child. Currently he is taking 60mg of adderall and he doesnt take his medication as directed (breaks his meds and takes them like candy throughout the day). While we were dating he didnt tell me about his ADHD; I assume the hyper fixation and need for spontaneous adventure caught my attention. We have been married for 4 years ( 2 separations on my part) and the only reason I have stayed with him for so long is due to seeing steps of improvements. We have been through a lot in our marriage and it is hard for me to give up something that may improve when he is settled. I have been through hell with my husband ( Verbal Abuse and sometimes physical at the beginning of our marriage) but he has passed that stage in his life; showing he can improve with hard work.
Does he break up the medicince so he can take it more frequently but stay at the same overall dosage or does he take more than he is prescribed?

I carried a watermelon?
Sponsored Links