ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 03-06-18, 01:30 AM

andyb1205 is on a distinguished road
New Long-Lasting Stimulant for ADHD released in Canada

Exciting news!

“Purdue Pharma (Canada) today announced the Canadian commercial availability of FOQUEST™ (methylphenidate HCl controlled-release capsules) for the treatment of ADHD in adults (≥18 years of age).[1] This announcement follows the December 6, 2017 Health Canada Notice of Compliance for FOQUEST™.

FOQUEST is the first methylphenidate product approved in Canada with a 16-hour duration of action, and also provides an onset of action within one hour[2].

“Canada will be the first country to make FOQUEST available to adult patients with ADHD, making this announcement an important global milestone,” says Purdue Pharma (Canada) President and CEO David Pidduck. “FOQUEST is one result of Canadian research and development that the company has been conducting in the field of ADHD for more than 10 years.”

New Treatment Option for Adults with ADHD

I personally didn’t respond to a trial of Ritalin so am not sure if I’d respond to this Methylphenidate based stimulant, but it is a good step in the right direction. Can’t wait until we see newer, more efficient stimulants in the future. Quick acting but long lasting. I remember Dr. Russell Barkley mention that they are already working on time delayed stimulants that you could simply take before sleep so it’s working by the time you wake up.

Last edited by namazu; 03-06-18 at 02:48 AM.. Reason: Please -- no links to commercial websites. Replaced w/print-friendly version.
Old 03-06-18, 01:46 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,551 Times in 6,499 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Long-Lasting Stimulant for ADHD released in Canada

Too bad it's from the scumbags that are Purdue Pharma.

If it helps people, great, but it won't be inexpensive, and personally, I wouldn't want to give any of my money to the company at the root of the opioid crisis.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following User Says Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
lntense (03-06-18)
Old 03-06-18, 02:44 AM

andyb1205 is on a distinguished road

Well I believe we should separate the work of the scientists advancing the field and the administration of that science, the business people who are just in it to make money. Until ordinary people can have a say in the funding and running of industries, science, technology and politics itself, the fact is we live in a sick world run by big money and must figure out how to survive in it in the meantime.

That said, I do wonder how much the product costs, no doubt the *******s will try to milk it. Here in Canada, at least in my province, ADHD drugs can be quite expensive, especially Vyvanse and Strattera but Adderall is up there too. In fact it’s a brutal discrimination against adults with ADHD, as they are fully covered if you’re 18 or under.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-18, 05:38 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,755 Times in 7,352 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if this med causes significant sleeping issues?

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 03-06-18, 05:42 AM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 20,390 Times in 10,228 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I wonder if this med causes significant sleeping issues?
Probably depends on the person. Stimulants (especially longer-acting ones) can contribute to insomnia for some people, but for others (like me), it can actually help to have some stimulant in my system so that I have a better shot of adhering to sleep hygiene and getting to sleep.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-06-18), psychopathetic (03-06-18)
Old 03-06-18, 06:45 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,755 Times in 7,352 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
for others (like me), it can actually help to have some stimulant in my system so that I have a better shot of adhering to sleep hygiene and getting to sleep.
Wow, that's fascinating to me. I would have never of guessed that ADHD meds could actually help some with sleep.

As much as I like adderall, and as much as it helps me...I think it adds to my already bad sleeping issues.

I love the idea of a long lasting medication. I'd just be afraid of how such a long last stimulant would affect me and my sleep.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
namazu (03-06-18)