ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-18, 08:20 PM
Jr Member

Azrael21 is on a distinguished road
Re: Do I have ADD or I am I just lazy/Anxiety or Aviodance

Also....when i do work and focus i cant figure out what causes it comared to when I am unabble to focus.

they said my working memory is bad
Old 01-15-18, 02:30 PM

Polyspecific is on a distinguished road

Exercise. It works wonders. Just force yourself to go for a walk. You don't have to talk to people, but physical activity is crucial for everyone's mental balance.
ADHD tends to bring friends to the party. Sometimes the friends can be there with no ADHD. Your psych doc might need to do more testing to make sure you actually have ADHD. My best friend and I are polar opposites... I have always had ADHD and he has always has Chronic Depression/Severe anxiety. I said that to say this. * We both have false positives for what the other has *

That being said, you should go to a diagnostic Phych(ologist/iatrist) to get a full regimen of tests run. My testing took 8 hours over three days, started with a very apparent IQ test and then went through hell and back for the rest of the time. If you do not have ADHD and you are medicated for it, you may see short term improvement in your school work; there's a reason ADHD meds are highly abused in colleges. Then again you may not receive any positive benefits.

Be honest and transparent with your tester. They need to know everything to get a full pi tyre before testing. Past drug abuse/spending issues/compulsions/6 foot stuffed voltron hanging from the ceiling fan... everything. They can determine what.matters, they get paid, and paid well, to filter details.

*anecdotal personal discovery warning*

I felt what most people call anxiety for the first time at age 37. That was 5 days after starting ADHD meds. Once I knew what it was I could find the source and then the anxiety went away. Btw, anxiety sucks. I think my best friend wanted to kill me when he realized that I had 37 years without it.

Sorry for what may be a wall. Posting from a phone, can only see 6 lines.
Old 01-16-18, 09:20 AM
Jr Member

Azrael21 is on a distinguished road

just had first exam today whitch i know i pased due to coursee work but dont know how to revise today and tommore for one on thursday? there all multiple choise based on lecture slides

my report said i had 94-86 on the brown add test
Sponsored Links