ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > ADDiction & Substance Abuse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-18, 01:34 PM

DarkMaGiicS is on a distinguished road
200mg Concerta

So my story begins.
I was starting my dose of concerta at 18m, Increased to 36mg, One day i come across a website that had people taking 144 - 300mg of concerta, So my impulsive kicked in, I start taking 108 mg, 144mg, then 200mg and just felt like i couls focus for days, Then i got a tolerance, I started getting side effects, Chest pains, Muscle twitches, Dry mouth. I had my doctors appoint and he upped my dose from 72mg to 90mg, and i still feel no effect due to my extreme tolerance, Year ago i was on 90mg same medication, Worked perfectly fine, And now i'm on 90mg and i feel nothing, No change in focus, Impulsive is out of control, Inattentive is out of control restless, Can't focus on going to sleep, So I need to bring my tolerance down fast so my next appointment i can tell my doctor that 90mg works or might even need a decrease in my medication.

What can i do to bring my tolerance down?
I'v learnt my lession to never go past 108mg due to tolerance and side effects.
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkMaGiicS For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (08-22-18)
Old 08-22-18, 02:40 PM

Re: 200mg Concerta

Also take, 6mg risperidone, 200mg Zoloft
Diagnosed: ADHD, Psychosis, Asperges
Old 08-23-18, 02:34 AM
ADDvanced Member

BrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the rough

Might want to talk to your dr about switching meds, and this time take it solely as prescribed. You could also be honest and tell your dr what you did...

On Adderall for ADHD, lyrica for Fibromyalgia, lexapro and viibryd for depression and anxiety, cosentyx for psoriasis, cyclosporine for IC,
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-18, 05:49 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,939 Times in 14,763 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, you increased the dose yourself to 200mg?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 08-23-18, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandyDW View Post
Might want to talk to your dr about switching meds, and this time take it solely as prescribed. You could also be honest and tell your dr what you did...
I'v asked to swap to Elvanse, But he says itd weak and won't affect me like Concerta will, Tried Stattera, But just got constant side effects from it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Wait, you increased the dose yourself to 200mg?
I did indeed, I didn't think about it at the time it happened
Old 08-23-18, 06:41 AM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of light

Swapping medication would be good idea but do amphetamines and methylphenidate have cross tolerance?
Old 08-23-18, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre22 View Post
Swapping medication would be good idea but do amphetamines and methylphenidate have cross tolerance?
amphetamines not aloud in U.K only Elvanse, I can't swap medication due to it be so weak.

I fear to tell my doctor due to him taking me of stimulants, But Stattera would be my only suggestion, When i was on that it worked, But side effects i go was unreal
Old 08-23-18, 06:56 AM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaGiicS View Post
amphetamines not aloud in U.K only Elvanse, I can't swap medication due to it be so weak.

I fear to tell my doctor due to him taking me of stimulants, But Stattera would be my only suggestion, When i was on that it worked, But side effects i go was unreal
Just be honest to your doctor , we are human beings we can do mistakes and we can learn from them
If u share everything with him, i m sure that he will be understanding.
Also forum members are very experienced and have lot of knowledge
If i know a lot of thing about ADHD, i owe it to this forum
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
DarkMaGiicS (08-23-18)
Old 08-23-18, 06:59 AM
ADDvanced Member

BrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the rough

May have to go off the med for a while to get the tolerance to go down.. I still urge you to tell your doctor what you did, doctors know we are human and he’ll appreciate you being honest with him. He can’t treat you effectively if he doesn’t have all the facts..

On Adderall for ADHD, lyrica for Fibromyalgia, lexapro and viibryd for depression and anxiety, cosentyx for psoriasis, cyclosporine for IC,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrandyDW For This Useful Post:
DarkMaGiicS (08-23-18), Emre22 (08-23-18)
Old 08-23-18, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandyDW View Post
May have to go off the med for a while to get the tolerance to go down.. I still urge you to tell your doctor what you did, doctors know we are human and heíll appreciate you being honest with him. He canít treat you effectively if he doesnít have all the facts..
How long would you say of this medication?
Old 08-23-18, 07:14 AM
ADDvanced Member

I don’t know, maybe try a month or two and then retry at a low dose? I honestly don’t know. You could ask a pharmacist anonymously

Old 08-23-18, 08:13 AM

Been told by professional to carry on with 90mg and my tolerance will eventually decrease down, Because it was a month or so ago, My tolerance should be half way lower from 200mg, Also been given melatonin to help with my sleep and can reduce the tolerance procress a bit faster
Old 08-23-18, 10:16 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all

Being prescribed a stimulant is a privilege, not a right. Self-experimenting with 200mg/day is both illegal and stupid from a medical standpoint. But I think you already know that, and I'm not sure what the purpose of your post is. What are looking for us to say to you?
The Following User Says Thank You to CharlesH For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (08-23-18)
Old 08-23-18, 10:59 AM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesH View Post
Being prescribed a stimulant is a privilege, not a right. Self-experimenting with 200mg/day is both illegal and stupid from a medical standpoint. But I think you already know that, and I'm not sure what the purpose of your post is. What are looking for us to say to you?
Charles he was trying to figure out if/when his meds would work again taking them normally because his tolerance was so high...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrandyDW For This Useful Post:
DarkMaGiicS (08-23-18), Emre22 (08-23-18)
Old 08-23-18, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesH View Post
If there gonna work like they use to.. I'v been told breaks, Carry on at 90mg, Melantonin, All sorts will work, But i'v been told by a professional to carry on at 90mg for a month, then lower at 54mg, then 2 weeks break after a week on 54mg, That should lower my tolerance, Not MIGHT it apparently will