ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-17, 03:25 PM
Jr Member

Shannon L.S. is on a distinguished road
New to Forums

Good afternoon.

I'm a 40 year old female from Nova Scotia, Canada that was newly diagnosed with ADHD (combined) and Bipolar 2 disorder this spring after presenting to a local therapist with a combination of depression and anxiety challenges that were interfering with my daily activities.

I'll be graduating in the spring of 2018 with my Bachelor of Science in Nursing and finished my Licensed Practical Nurse back in 1997. I function well flying by the seat of my pants and going with gut instinct as well as being able to display great empathy with others but struggle with time management, organization, focus, that is most common with these conditions and under constant demand to improve upon within my profession.

I currently use a combination of therapy, mood stabilizers, and stimulant medication to manage the symptoms associated with my co-morbid conditions and stumbled across the forums in a google search trying to hear from peer support after years of literature reviews and struggling to gain my knowledge from a professional perspective.

I look forward to getting to know and learning from all of you.
Old 10-19-17, 03:40 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,069 Times in 11,694 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New to Forums

Welcome
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
Old 10-19-17, 09:00 PM
Contributor

WhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to behold

Welcome! Congrats on your nursing degree! There are some very knowledgeable people here and I'm already learning a lot since joining last month.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-17, 04:20 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,297 Times in 13,279 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the dark side....

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 10-23-17, 01:28 PM

motherofdragons is on a distinguished road

Welcome!! I'm glad you found this forum. I'm new here, too. Congratulations on almost being finished with your degree. That's a huge accomplishment! You are going to be able to help so many people and sympathize with others who struggle with some of the same things you do. You are gonna be great Nice to meet you
Old 10-25-17, 05:34 PM
Jr Member

Shannon L.S. is on a distinguished road

Thanks!

I've been told I have a special touch and seem to really get people. I get a bit of a laugh out of that thinking if they only knew how and why I can empathize so easily.

There are some challenges in my chosen career for me, but great benefit in being able to see beyond a medical label to who the person is as an individual. It comes naturally for me to go "but why are they behaving like that" instead of focusing on the behaviour itself if that makes sense?
Old 10-31-17, 06:06 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,297 Times in 13,279 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

My brother just finished his BSN and had beenn working at a hospital training in their step down unit. Two months ago he was offered a permanent place in CCU on days! Unheard of for a new nurse but he is THAT good!

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.