ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-17, 01:28 AM

JessTheImpailer is on a distinguished road
Hello! New memeber need advice

Hopefully this is where I should post this... Hi my name is Jess. I am 30 years old a single mom and I have been diagnosed with ADD and depression multiple times sense I was in middle school. Ive been off and on meds ever sense but nothing ever stuck for long or ever really managed it. I had a rough childhood and have struggled all my life with anxiety, depression and concentration. Recently I went to the doc to get my S*it together... I manage a shop and work very hard.... this takes everything out of me. Its hard to even take care of myself after this a lot of times. He prescribed me Adderall... (ive only ever been on Ritalin-when I was young and depression meds) He said we may need to address a mood disorder too but would like to figure this out first. So at first it was amazing I was on 20mg 2xs a day.... I was able to have the motivation and concentration to get my butt up everyday (excited for the day) get my son to school, take a shower, do my makeup and get stuff done that day. This was about 8 months ago we started Adderall.

Recently it started feeling like I was taking nothing. My dose was upped to 30mg morning and 20mg afternoon. Well, I have issues sleeping a lot anyway even when I'm not on any stimulants. Well after this dosage increase my sleeping pattern gets to not sleeping for a night sometimes which is not unusual for me but its increased .... I've also noticed major paranoia and anxiety with extreme racing thoughts.... To the point where Its effecting my job. Thing is when I'm going through it I believe it and feel it but I'm able to see the irrationality after a bit and talk myself out of it eventually.

I feel like I'm loosing touch with reality at times. I do feel I have some control over it... Just really don't know what to do. I'm worried to go back to what I was before and hardly holding on to life and then to now hardly holding on to reality... Has anybody experienced this? Any thoughts or advice?

Last edited by midnightstar; 10-29-17 at 06:21 AM.. Reason: paragraph breaks, no other edits
The Following User Says Thank You to JessTheImpailer For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (10-29-17)
Old 10-29-17, 07:24 AM

OyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hello! New memeber need advice

Hello Jess and welcome!

Have you talked to your doctor about the symptoms you are having? The paranoia and anxiety could be a result of not getting enough sleep, but it could also be that there is some other underlying condition causing this. It is really important that you mention these new side effects to your doctor to figure out what the actual cause is and what could be done about it. Please don't wait until it gets worse!
The Following User Says Thank You to OyVeyKitty For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (10-29-17)
Old 10-29-17, 09:05 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,088 Times in 11,707 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-17, 03:51 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,301 Times in 13,282 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I am not a doctor but I identify. I personally would get back to the doctor ASAP and address the mood issues. The paranoia and stuff can be a result of bipolar and untreated bipolar or other mood issues and stimulants can be a yucky combo. I dont mean that if you have a mood issue you cant take stimulants, but I do mean that if you have diagnosible mood issues and you do not medicate them AND still take stimulants, you could run into some serious trouble. I am bipolar II. I have been medicated for it for 17 years and medicated for adhd with stimulants for adhd for 13 years. I had to get the mood issues under control first and get stable before I could tackle the adhd.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.