ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Non-ADD Partner Support
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Non-ADD Partner Support This is a support forum for non-ADD partners, spouses, and significant others offering feedback from both the ADD and non-ADD perspectives

Old 10-31-17, 02:22 PM

Relief4Me is on a distinguished road
Frustrated

Husband has ADD. Every time we try to complete a project together it quickly escalates due to me not doing what he wants me to do exactly how he wants it. I physically became hurt due to a movement he did and then stated it was because I did not move out of his way. This continued through the entire project. I was going to walk away but that would have made things worse. Is this normal? If so what can I do? He won't let me go to appointments with him.
The Following User Says Thank You to Relief4Me For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-31-17)
Old 10-31-17, 04:13 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,270 Times in 14,935 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Frustrated

ADHD or not you need to work on boundaries. You need to decide what you are willing to do and how much of something you want to take, state those boundaries and then hold him to them.

I carried a watermelon?