ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 05-08-10, 04:27 PM

wonderist is on a distinguished road
Biphentin experiences?

Anyone on Biphentin? Is it still just in Canada? What are your experiences?

I've recently switched from Dexedrine to Biphentin, and I find the Biphentin to have much fewer side-effects, personally, and it seems to help me more generally than Dexedrine. For example, Dex would make me more focused, but it also made me more hyper-focused, so that I would spend even *more* time on side-track projects rather than being able to focus on important but boring tasks. The Biphentin doesn't send me into hyper-focus lock-in like Dex does.

Also, Dex had strong side-effects with my metabolism (heart racing, appetite) that Biphentin does not have as strongly. I still have less appetite (which is actually good, in my case), but not *no* appetite. Also, I don't notice any heart racing or light-headedness.

Also, I found it very hard to sleep at night with Dex. I couldn't take the Dex at any time past noon, or I wouldn't be able to sleep until 4am. With Biphentin, it lasts pretty much all day, and by night time, it's gone and I can get to sleep no problem.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with Biphentin. I'm on 80mg, once per day. Yesterday I missed my dose and was lethargic through the day, but no serious withdrawal effects. Today I'm back on it and feel very 'normal', which for me, 'normal' is great!
Old 09-25-10, 02:56 PM

kimmybat is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: Biphentin experiences?

hi....this is the first time i have ever joined a message board so im not sure if im doing this right. I was diagnosed with adhd about five years ago but never took medication until today....just took my first dose of biphentin about an hour ago. So im waiting to see what happens. Im kind of nervous actually....and im not really sure what to expect.
Old 01-12-11, 11:49 PM
Banned

smith.bobjoe is on a distinguished road
Re: Biphentin experiences?

Hey dude, how is the Biphentin working for you? Still good?
Do you find you crash at night, did you ever crash on dex?
How was your sex drive and social skills on dex vs biphentin?
Any other info you can tell me in comparison to dex vs biphentin would be a huge help. I'm on adderall right now and feel like I'm focused but kinda dazed at the same time plus it wears off by 4 pm. Wondering if I should try biphentin.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-11, 12:00 PM
ADDvanced Member

Killface1981 will become famous soon enough

Biphentin sounds promising... Dexedrine did the same thing to me, wonderist. In America, I haven't even heard of this ADD med. Apparently it's similar to Ritalin, but extended release(and in higher mgs.) It's a multilayer pill with a more intelligent release of the active drug(40 percent, and then 60 percent.) While Concerta starts at 22 percent, and later kicks in with 78 percent which I hated more than anything except regular Ritalin.

Wonder if America will get it any time soon... Oh, smith.bobjoe, I can answer a few things about Dex and Concerta. Dexedrine affected my sex drive big time, but had a mild crash though usually kept me up all night. My social skills were awesome on Dex. Concerta, on the other hand, while not hurting my sex drive and maybe even increasing it came with horrible headaches, and absurd crashes. I'm also on Adderall now, and it just doesn't feel like it always works. Sometimes, I can tell it's helping, other times... it's like I didn't take it.
Old 01-28-11, 11:33 PM

QueenTitania is on a distinguished road

I just started taking Biphentin, I'm in a sort of trial period, where I'm trying to see what works for me. I tried Stattera in the past, but I never noticed any real differences, tried it twice, 2008 for a few months, then 2010 for a few months as well.

It's hard to tell. The first day I thought maybe there was a difference. I could 'feel' it start the first day more significantly then the other 2 days - only the third day for me. The last two days, I do feel like it wakes me up but for most of the day I feel very tired. I'm also freezing cold. On the inside, I feel chilly.

So I'm still really unsure, I'm getting a gut feeling perhaps this isn't the medication for me. What I really want is something to increase my drive more. I think that is my biggest concern so naturally I'd want a medication to help with that issue over anything else. I do think perhaps it is 'calming' maybe making me 'slower' somehow. Which might be good for making careless mistakes/things like that. But what good is that if I don't have the energy?
Old 02-03-11, 04:45 PM

AlexanderKeith is on a distinguished road

First time here and have to share my experience. My daughter was diagnosed with ADD in December 2010, I passed the same test because I knew I had a similar condition and indeed was positive for ADD as well. We both started 10mg Biphentin at the same time, she stopped at 30mg, myself I am currently at 60mg, I went through the 10mg a week increase until 60, which I have been on for the last two week.

The changes in my daughter we astounding. She is 7yrs old, could not finish any homework assignment, could not sit still for more than 5 minutes, procrastinated on everything and had a hard time remembering things you told her the same day. 6 weeks after starting this medication, I can say that while she still procrastinates on certain things, her homework is smooth, she is able to sit and complete it that same night, she even sat down by herself one day and started doing homework alone ! When I saw that, I was convinced i took one too many Bipenthin's and was hallucinating! Side effects have been less appetite and trouble falling asleep. That's minimal when you consider what she has been able to accomplish as school. However if anyone has any suggestions on what I could try for her, it would be appreciated.

Myself, i'm 39 yrs old, and knew I had this condition since childhood and it gradually worsened with age. When I was in school, ADD was confused for being "lazy" so I was never properly diagnosed or treated. Overall, I could not be happier with the changes this treatment has made in me. I am able to focus better, talk more clearly and articulately, at work, rather than doing 5 things at once, I can control myself and do 1 - 2 maybe 3 things without confusing what i was doing. My social life if better because I can talk to the people I am surrounded by and not drift off into a cloud and not listen to them. Amazing change. Side effects are minimal to none other than the occasional dizzy spell, but unsure if it is related. It's great to come home and not have the mental fatigue that took me away from enjoying activities with my family.

I know this medication can't work for everyone, there are so many components to ADD, everyone if different. For us , it's been great and I look forward to responding on this forum and contributing our experiences.
Old 11-02-17, 10:48 AM

misskaz is on a distinguished road

Hi thanks for this post and thread.

If you are still taking biphentin do you notice any crashing if you miss a day or two? I find myself in a really rough patch if I take a break which sometimes I do if I know I will be having a few drinks (which really do not agree with this drug in my system) or am sick as biphentin really dehydrates me.

Thoughts?